My RPR/TPPA 1:2 and my baby 1:4
Hi doctors..
please help me understand this situation, i was diagnosed with syphillis on 2005, my VDRL/TPHA was 1:32, it was when I'm carrying my 2nd baby, and the doctor here give 10 days penicillin, but I request more, then she gave the 14 days penicilin, after 3 months my VDRL/TPHA become 1:16, when the baby born, she is negative..
the after 2 yrs, I'm pregnant again, since 1 year after my 2nd baby born, my VDRL:TPHA was 1:16..when I'm pregnant the result of RPR/TPPA was 1:8, and goes down to 1:2 till now..but my baby RPR/TPPA positive with 1:4..
What is actually happen with 3rd baby? The Dermatologist here said it's just the antibody left, but the peaditrician said it's very mild infections...please be advised that all my babies given with 10 days penicillin..

thank you so much
What's happening here is that you will always have antibodies.  Things sound a little confused though.

Your VDRL or RPR is the initial test, and if that's positive, they should do a TPHA or TPPA to confirm.  Those are different tests.  Your TPHA or TPPA will only come back with a reactive or non-reactive, or positive or negative.  It won't have the number like the VDRL or RPR.  You need to find out what the results are, and they shouldn't be reported together like you are writing them.  If they are, someone's doing the test wrong.

If your TPPA or TPHA are negative, then you are ok.  Your baby will have your antibodies for several months.  You don't mention how old your 3rd baby is now, but its good that they were all treated, just in case.

Aj
thanks for the answer, actually i did the test in General Hospital..well, if that's the case, next time i'll ask them to do it right, i'm planning to have the test in private hospital, now my 3rd baby is 2months old, just to inform ythat my 2nd baby was negative, and my husband too..
thanks again for your kindness..
next when i get the result, i'll inform to you..besides i'll also consult with the private dermatologist here..