STDs Community
NGU and azithromycin

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

NGU and azithromycin

A week ago I received unprotected oral sex from a girl.  4 days later I noticed a significant amount of white creamy discharge from my penis during a bowel movement.  I felt a mild tingling in my penis for the rest of the day. The next day the same thing happened. On day 6 I went in to an std clinic and gave a urine sample.  The dr said I definitely don't have gonorea because she saw no drip from my penis. I insisted something was not right and told her about my symptoms and incident.  I have been in a monogamous relationship for 12 years. She gave me a one dose of  azithromycin.  The next day during a bowel movement it discharge was thick and lumpy.  I am waiting for my gonnorea chlamydia and syphlis test results.

Q1. Can NGU show up that quickly
Q2. She saw little to no WBC in urine   Based on paper test.  Does that catch ngu and gohnoria?
Q3.  Assume my long term partner is not affected,  wihat is the likelyhood the treatment will work and problem will go away.
Q4.  I am not planning on telling my partner,  when is it safe to have sex with her?  
1. Yes
2. Not sure
3. Can't say
4. Can't say

This sounds more like prostate then a STD. I would go back to your Dr, did you discuss with Dr when discharge happened?
It is a pleasue to interact with you. I have read many of you responses over a good deal of time. I know about the prostate thing, but the timing is so right.  Why don't you think it's NGU, the short period before symptoms showed up.  
I was not looking for symptoms, they just showed up  and the discharge was a lot.   I have never seen any in my whole life.

Will the meds she gave kill all the different ngu culprits?  

I know syphilis is not common through oral but would that med wipe that out as well?
I did discuss when the discharge happened.  She thought it was all in my head.  I was surprised she doubted me but I guess she must have thought if not gonnorea it only left ngu

The odd thing she said was chlamydia Ngu is not transmitted orally so it can't be that.  Implying she is unaware of the other causes of ngu.
discharge that only occurs with bowel movements isn't std related.

odds are you really didn't need any antibiotics but she gave you them to try to get you to calm down. give the treatment a week and if you are still having symptoms, be seen again for further evaluation.

grace
Thanks for that information. You folks do a great service here.
Could you respond to my questions?    I would sincerely appreciate it

Thank you Grace

it doesn't sound like you even have ngu dear.
Well one thing I have learned, cheating on my partner was a bad and planned idea.  There is still that chance and I could never let her find out the hard way. Having symptoms herself. I thought I could play the game messing around with a fool proof way of never getting caught, short of hsv type 1 by knowing symptoms and timeline but I now realize there is no certainty when it comes to ngu.  With no definite test and no definite treatment and no definite signs