STDs Community
Not sure if this is genital warts

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Not sure if this is genital warts

Ok-Three months ago I found out that my ex was cheating on me and he had HSV 2.  He confirmed this 2 weeks after our only unprotected encounter.  I immediately went to be tested and so far HSV 2 is neg but HPV was positive.  I had this once before years ago, and so maybe its still from back then.  I don't know.

SO--today I shaved down there and I noticed an area that looked swollen almost, but its swollen in the shape of a bump.  Could this be GW?  All the pictures I find online are graphic...but perhaps this just hasn't had the time to get that bad yet?  Also I touched it while examining myself and probably then touched other areas of my vagina.  Will I get warts everywhere I touched?

Articles online are confusing and contradict each other.  Some say it can take a week to 3 months before they appear others say it can take years.  Iraonically this weekend will be 3 months from my encounter with the *******.  I have been so consumed with determining if he gave me HSV that I had put the HPV out of my mind.  UNITI I saw this bump today.  I am very stressed.

I'd love to call the Dr but I lost my health insurace last week (of course right?)
Would love to advise you on this but only a Dr can tell you if it is HPV or something else. Skin issues can't even be given an indication online they need to be looked at.
I already know I have HPV. My pap came back with it. They apparently can't tell if from when I first diagnosed or if its new. I was in my late teens when I first got it (18) and have never had warts. I had a LEEP done to remove precancerous growths on my cervix related to it it but I've never had any abnormal skin in my genital area.
My real question was what to look for I it is a wart. The photos online are of extreme cases.
a pap coming back with a + hpv result is meaningless as far as external symptoms.  There are over 30 different types of hpv that infect the genital area and the ones that cause external warts are different from the types that infect the cervix and are detected on hpv dna testing with pap tests.   Did you have high risk or low risk hpv detected on your pap?

you need to be seen for your new symptoms. no more shaving in the genital area until you have better answers too.

you have to wait at least 3 months after you  last had sex with your partner to seek out herpes igg blood testing to confirm your status.  repeat your herpes igg blood testing later to know your status for sure.

grace
Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers