STDs Community
Obvious Answer?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Obvious Answer?

4 years ago, I tested positive for gonorrhea after exhibiting symptoms (discharge, itching, painful urination) for one week. I confronted my girlfriend and she admitted to sleeping with another male so I took her to Planned Parenthood to get tested. She had trouble getting the antibiotics after the test so I took her to my doctor to get them. She claims my doctor administered another test before writing a prescription... Now I never saw any paper with the results but she claims her two tests came out negative. After that, she is under the belief that I never had an std.

A couple of days ago, I went to my doctor and he said that false positives don't happen on the test they administer and I also had numerous symptoms. Knowing this he said she wasn't being truthful somewhere. I asked my now ex girlfriend and she still claims her tests came out negative and she didn't take any antibiotics before the initial test. It's hard not to believe her because she is very convincing but I can't forget how adamant my doctor is.

So my question is how can she test negative twice even though I had obvious symptoms and a positive test? Is there any other answer other than she is liar?
Tags: STDs, STD
Unless you slept with someone else I don't see her as being 100% truthful. But this is 4 years ago, why are you even bothering with this now?
I agree but I had to see my doctor last week and I never understood how she had two negative tests. And given that we just broke up, I asked my doctor.
either you had gonorrhea before you met her and she was just darn lucky that she didn't contract it from you or she was lying ( or was treated before testing and never told you ).   I totally agree with vance, at this point it's in the past and you will probably never figure out the real truth so best just to move forward.

always protect yourself and make sure your partners have had proper std testing at the proper times with their last partners before starting to be intimate with them.  trust no one and make sure you see results too. many folks assume a pap test is complete std testing and never get the right testing done. same goes with you - follow up after partners and make sure herpes testing is part of your testing too.

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv?
No, but I had my blood taken to check for herpes and I should be getting the results back any day. My doctor never mentioned gardasil testing or hpv. Is this something I should consider?

I know 4 years is a longtime ago but it's hard to figure out why one admits to cheating but not the std.
everyone under 28 should get the gardasil hpv series to protect against the 4 most common types of genital hpv infections. google it for more info.

Have an STDs question?
100,000+ doctor answers