STDs Community
RPR 1:2 WHILE PREGNANT; 1:4 POSTPARTUM

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

RPR 1:2 WHILE PREGNANT; 1:4 POSTPARTUM

When I was pregnant I had the routine blood work done and the doctor told me my RPR had come back 1:2 but he said everything was ok so I didn't think much of it. Last Friday I had a physical and the doctor told me my RPR was not 1:4 and I mentioned that it had come back reactive before and that I thought everything was ok. Could it be that I have syphilis or is it a false-positive?

I have also been reading that the test could come back as false-positive if I've had a history of liver disease. I have had Hepatitis twice when I was 3 and 7.

If it turns out to be a false-positive is it like TB where once it's positive once it will always show up as positive?

Now if it turns out that it was in fact positive, is a 1:4 considered extremely dangerous?
Tags: 1.2, RPR, test
Once as it is positive (if you ever had syphilis) it will always be positive, but the number will go down over time. With the number going up i find this strange.

best advice is to follow up with your Dr and have another test done.
i just wanna ask, what does 1:1 means for rpr test? bcause mine is 1:1 rpr positive