STDs Community
Rash on penis shaft

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

Rash on penis shaft

About three weeks ago ago I noticed a a small red rash occur on the left side of my penis shaft. I didn't think much about it and thought it was just some dry skin. It healed quickly and disappeared slightly. One week ago it appeared again, and I felt that it was a little bit sore at first, but does not itch or cause any pain otherwise. It healed quickly and left a dry flake on the rash. I visited my GP on Wednesday this week and he told me it did not look like herpes or any STD. The rash had also "calmed down" in terms of how red it was when I first got it.

I can't figure out what this can be. Could it just be dry skin? Some sort of yeast infection? I get dry skin during winter in my face and on my hands, but this looks different...

The last time I had unprotected sex was during the Christmas holidays. I'm in great shape otherwise. No allergies and no health issues. No swollen lymph nodes or other pains (my doctor checked for this).

I've uploaded an image - what you is the lower base of my shaft where the rash has occurred (but now with a dry patch on it): https://anonfiles.com/file/5d353caa6b009fc62a806f7bfc1733dd

Hi and welcome. When it comes to rashes its best to see a dermatoligist as they specialize in these. Ive had my GP tell one thing and later it took a dermatoligist to confirm exactly what it was.