STDs Community
Red Painless bumps

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Red Painless bumps

I just developed red painless bumps on the shaft of my penis, there are about 2 or 3. I have no clue what this could be seeing as i was just tested for herpes about a month or two ago, and it came back negative. Could anyone help?
This could be from a low risk strain (s) of HPV. Typically warts are flesh colored but they can be other colors. Usually they do not hurt or itch. You could also have bumps that are not sexually related at all, the only way to know what they are is to see a doc. Dermatologists specialize in skin conditions.
So there is no way possible that herpes could be the case? I was tested twice last year both negative and once this year both negative, i have a fear of that stuff...Im not sexually active at all. I was wondering if it could be from gym towels? Could that have any significance? I also looked into HPV and didnt get a picture that looked like what I have.
Most pics online are scary and not typical. If you have no sexual contact at all you are just playing your own anxieties. HPV does carry some risk with genital skin to skin contact without penetraiton but that is less common and as I said would have to be actual contact. There is so info that the virus can be found on items like towels but that is not a good source for transmission. HPV is very common and most sexually active adults will have one or more strains in their lifetime. Most never even have symptoms and there is not a great risk of serious illness associated. Condoms will protect at about 90%. As for herpes you don't have typical symptoms, which include pain with sores. Why are you testing so often if you have not had any sexual activity?
Last year for spring break got a little to crazy.... I was active at that time but i got an infection and thought I was dieing...literally went crazy. So i got a Urologist, got tested and still thought something was wrong even after the reassurance that nothing was wrong. I got tested again because i just wanted to be sure and for peace of mind. So all three test came back negative for every testable STD.  After april 2010 i had no sexual contact untill october 2010 with Oral sex. I just recently got tested to make sure that was nothing and now...So now i am not active.  I just saw a STD that isnt quite testable for men but seems like something i can have because i still have a slight irritation with urinating even after taking medication last year, doxyclyne and something else. I guess from my stand point now, I know something isnt right... Even my tounge on the way back is patchy and white and i have gone to doctors and they said its ok...NO ITS NOT!!! Im going to call my Urologist and see what he suggest. Thanks for your help, do you have anything else?