STDs Community
Red Testies :(

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Red Testies :(

About 8 weeks ago I had unprotected intercourse with a lady.

1 week after the encounter I started having slight itching in the area between my backpassage and my testicles.  There were no breaks, bumps or anything like that.  1 week after the symptoms started the skin on my testicles went mild red and there was mild itching.  6-7 weeks later and I still have this :(

I went to the doc and she said it's probably a fungal infection.  Regardless, she tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, mycoplasma.  I also had type specific HSV blood test and a swab to test for herpes and fungal infections.  The only thing that came back positive was blood test for HSV1.  The herpes swab test came back negative, and so did the fungal swab.  Doc said it's not herpes.

I was prescribed fungal cream in the meantime, but this didn't help.  I went back for the second time and they gave me a different fungal cream & cortizone cream.  This didn't help either.

The doctors keep telling me it's either an allergy or some other non-STD related condition exacerbated by stress, but I'm still really worried.  Anybody had similar experiences?  What is this thing?  

PS.  There is occasional itching at the base of my penis (the side closer to my belly button) where all the pubic hair is.

It almost sounds like public lice to me but the doc couldn't find any.
Thanks for the response.  Yes I understand that HSV1 is herpes.  Both docs didn't think it had anything to do with herpes though since the herpes swab was negative, meaning there was no herpes shedding even though I had symptoms of something.

Going to another doc tomorrow for a 3rd opinion.  Hopefully it's nothing serious :(
Well for starters HSV1 is herpes, not sure if you mistyped that bit.

#1 I did not see a test for syphillis (syphilis) on the list, that should be one they should have tested for in my opinion.  It could potentially cause something like that.  

A baterial infection of the epididymis (tube in the testes) can cause the sack to go red on you.  Even though its not fungal, is it possible that it could be bacterial?

Testicular torsion can also cause a red scrotum.  Testicular torsion is an abnormal twisting of the spermatic cord due to rotation of a testis or the mesorchium (a fold in the area between the testis and epididymis), which causes strangulation and, if untreated, eventual infarction of the testis.

For more info you can go here, and read in the E section for epididymis and the T section for torsion.  

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/testicle_symptoms.htm

Go here to read about HSV-1 which is herpes.
http://www.herpes.com/hsv1-2.html

good luck to you.
If your a white boy like me, the testicle area is red automatically, dont trip if you look down and see redness, its perfectly natural. I think when you got it on with that lady, you reacted to a level of her yeast(not infection) that youve never seen before. The itch, that sucks. Screw the fungal creams, Get this product, its called clobex spray...its about 190.00, a little pricy, but it will kill the itch my friend in 2 weeks.

I had the same thing as you did,herpes scare the whole deal,no sex, lame creams that dont work, wasted about 3 months of this year tryin to figure it out. Finally i went to a derma specialist, thus told me about clobex spray saved my life, and now im better than ever. Im usually not this nice, but i feel your pain. Later, psu surfer.