STDs Community
STD risks from receiving oral sex M2M

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STD risks from receiving oral sex M2M

I recently got a blowjob from someone in a public toilet.  I am in a relationship and don't want to give my boyfriend anything..  It's been 11 days now since it happened and I have not experienced any symptoms, but I am super paranoid and examine my penis every single day under torch light and twist and turn it to fully examine it.. After my rigorous examination it is quite red and I then just further mess with clearly seeing what's going on. To complicate matters, I have pearly penile papilles, though not big like the ones you see on a simple internet search.  Another thing that complicates things is that I have been getting cold sores (Herpes simplex 1) since I was a child, so if I get a sore in my mouth, I know it's from that. But after the toilet experience, how do I distinguish between a normal cold sore, brought on by stress, etc and other STD's like syphillis (syphilis) and gonorea.  Also, if the guy that gave me a blow job had syphillis (syphilis), gonorea or other STDs, could they manifest on my lips or tongue (I did not give him a bj, only received). Please also tell me what is the most likely STD (statistically) to get from receiving ONLY oral sex from M2M.
STD's happen at the point of infection, clearly your constant examination has caused issue. The risk is low and only way to know 100% is to test. But again risk is low for gonorrhea and NGU, lower for syphilis and herpes.
So I would not have any symptoms in my mouth such as sores etc from RECEIVING the bj?  Even syphillis (syphilis)? I am going to see a doctor tomorrow and let him do blood tests to be sure.  Another question - if my boyfriend had an std, syphillis (syphilis) or gonorea for example, but the symptoms did not show in him - could I now start manifesting sores in my mouth after having performed oral sex on him? (and swallowing his semen.)
canker sores cause symptoms inside the  mouth. cold sores are typically on the lip area. if your symptoms are only inside your mouth, perhaps what you consider to be cold sores aren't? have you ever sought out type specific herpes igg blood testing to know your status?  The rates of herpes infection in general in gay males are high so you and your regular partner being tested is a good idea.

you receiving oral sex would not cause you to have oral symptoms of a std.

since you have a regular partner, you can test for chlamydia, gonorrhea and ngu after 1 week post encounter.  if we assume you really do have hsv1 orally, you aren't likely to contract hsv1 genitally from this encounter. the odds you contracted syphilis from oral sex are also incredibly low and really not even worth testing for.

did you and your regular partner have full std testing prior to starting to have sex together?

have you and your regular partner had your gardasil shots for hpv?

grace
I do have HSV1 as I have been getting cold sores since I was a child.. I know what they are - on my lips and they swell and for a scab after a while.  I also get other sores inside my mouth on my tongue and inside my cheeks when I am stressed and sleep deprived as well as starting to get sick. The docter says it is an auto immune thing and not oral herpes.  Thats why it is confusing.  But I went to the doctor today, and he said that the sores are just that - not an STD. He also said, like you do, that the risk of contracting an STD from getting oral sex is very low.  However, I am a biologist and know that it is still possible, so I ordered the full range of STD tests anyway (which were quite expensive!).  No we have not had gardasil shots.  If you had a wart when you were a child (on your finger, hands, etc.) does that mean you have HPV?  Or is it a different strain or another virus?  Because warts in children are also quite common.
ok - so you get canker sores and oral herpes lesions both. thank you for clarifying that part. many folks mistake them so being sure is worthwhile.

there are over 130 different kinds of hpv infections that we humans typically get. the ones that we get on our fingers and feet aren't the same types we get on the genital area.  

make sure you and your partner seek out the herpes testing too so you can know what precautions to take in your regular relationship. herpes testing isn't typically a part of routine std testing and it's important to know your status.

did you order up a 8 panel test? if so, you can't do it all until after 3 months post encounter to be accurate.
the tests that i ordered include herpes too. they test for gonorea , syphillis (syphilis), hepatitis, hiv and herpes think clamydia (chlamydia) too.. getting the results tomorrow
most of that testing was done too early :(