STDs Community
STD testing

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

STD testing

I am a college student, considering getting tested for STDs, but I don't want my parents to find out.  It would be too embarrassing, and I would like to avoid that.  I know a local clinic performs STD tests, but I don't know what that entails, how long it takes to get the results, and how much it will cost without insurance (again, don't want my parents to find out).  Anybody have any info?
You can just look up health clnics online in your area and someone will do it for free based on your circumstances and they will ask you how you want to be contacted you can say by cell or whatever you choose they won't tell your parents
did you check at you student health center to see what they offer and at what price? That's probably your cheapest option.

grace
Every clinic differs in pricing, so you would have to call them and ask.

Aj