STDs Community
Single, Fleshy coloured bump, mid way through shaft of penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Okay, I might just be paranoid, but I really have no other options. I'm a 16 year old male, and have had a girl perform oral sex on me once. She has been tested, and was negative. The very night she performed the oral sex, i noticed a bump appear. It is solid, with no liquid inside, and has not moved. There is only one. At first i freaked out because I have not been sexually active, and all of a sudden I'm SCREWED. Most of my research has got me nowhere, except i think it might be a Molluscum or a clogged pore, or something like that. I'm most worried about herpes. I don't want one single sexual act ruin my life. If anyone knows what it might be, please tell me. I can't see a doctor, for reasons I can't explain.
P.S.

The bump has been there for 2 months.
Can anyone help? I just need an opinion. I'm pretty worried
Its not herpes - herpes isn't a lump, and it doesn't last 2 months.

If you've only had oral sex, its not HPV/warts either.  It could be a clogged pore, but you do need to get this checked out.

If you don't want your parents to know, then find an std clinic near you.  Most are free or very low cost, and most states have laws that allow minors to get tested and treated for stds without parental involvement.

Aj
Thank you so much.

It helps that i finally got an opinion on this. I know of a clinic near me and I will be going soon.

Another question though. Is it possible for someone to have a cold sore, and perform oral sex, with the person not getting HSV?
Sure its possible.  Its just increasing the chances dramatically if someone has a cold sore that it will be passed.

Aj
So a couple questions about HPV.

1) Can it be cured?
2) Is it possible for a common wart (seed wart, planters wart, etc) to effect the skin and cause HPV
3) What do the beginning stages of HPV look like?

Hope you can help.
Thankss.
1 - No, but it goes away on its own.

2 - All warts are HPV.  There are different strands that affect different parts of your body.

3 - There aren't really any beginning phases - you'd just get a wart.

http://www.ashastd.org/hpv/hpv_overview.cfm
It goes away on its own?
Meaning your body gets rid of it itself or it lays dorment, like herpes? Or once the visible warts go away you cant spread the virus anymore?
It goes away on its own?
I don't know why you posted that twice.

There is a question about whether it clears totally from your body or goes dormant - no one knows this for sure.  Did you read the link I gave you?

Aj
Im sorry for the double post, I loaded this page and somehow it reposted.
Simple technical difficulty.

As for the HPV, I did read it. But it was fuzzy on that one part. Much like the way you worded it as "It goes away". Do tests find the virus still in your blood even after the outbreak disappears? What do you think? Would you say it stays dorment or is completly irraticated by your immune system?

General knowledge question, you seem quite educated.

Thanks.
There are no commercial blood - or other - tests for HPV.  I tend to go with the clears from your body because you can't transmit it after it "clears", etc., but its just my own opinion.  

Aj
Fair enough.
One last question, cause I know you are very busy.
Other than herpes and HIV/AIDS, what STDs/STIs are you unable to get rid of (as in, its with you for life), weather it be through treatment or your body fights it naturally?

Thanks.
Herpes is the only one that lasts forever, other than HIV.

Aj
Okay, thank you.