STDs Community
Sore throat, discharge after three weeks

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I had an unprotected sex in late April & early May 2008 with a girl who claimed she had had sex once with a guy in 2006. Though her private part was quite tight for me to penetrate, I perceived a foul smell coming out from her virginal track while the show was going on. Two weeks later, I had a sore throat, followed by a yellowish discharge from my genitals a week later (third week after sex). Before I penetrated her, I caressed all over her body, but did not use my tongue on her private part. It was during the foreplay that I perceived the foul smell from her private part. I immediately went for a STD test which they said its a bacteria, but I know its gonorrhoea. I did not go for HIV test either.

Sometime in June 2008, I had something like a swolen gland close to my thigh but its located around my pubic area, which later disappeared though I used to have boils around my pubic area especially when I clean up the hairs. Six months after the sexual intercourse, I lost about 6kg though I was not feeding very well two months before the loss of weight.

My question is! Can a woman discharge foul smelling fluids from her private part? While the discharge from her private continues, is it possible to give STD to any one that have sex with her? Is it possible to be a carrier of any STD in that state of foul smelling discharge from her private part? What about the sore throat?

Its almost one year since the incidence, and am so afraid to check for HIV infection. What I want to know is about the possibility of catching HIV since I got the sore throat and later the swollen gland. Is it possible to develop initial symptoms of HIV infection at intervals or do they occur at the same time with each other? Is it possible to have gotten the sore throat from caressing and kissing all over her body including buttocks, but I did not touch her private part and anus with my tongue. What i did was an unprotected virginal sex with her.

Thanks.

Jonny

Were you treated for the bacteria?  Has she seen a doctor about her own genital issues?

A foul smell from a vagina usually indicates bacterial vaginitis.  Its easily curable with antibiotics.

HIV has nothing to do with that, but if you are concerned about HIV, get tested.  Any further questions about HIV need to be posted in the HIV prevention forum.

Aj
Thank you very much for your response. I was given some drugs by a doctor and some liquids. She has met a doctor and was given drugs against the bacteria. But what about the sore throat I had after two weeks, and the swollen glands after six weeks. These two things occurred at different times.

Six months later, I began to burning sensation around my anus. Though I moved from tropical to temperate zone and stopped using water to clean my anus which am used. What I use now is tissue.

Thank you.

Jonny.  
You need to see a doctor.  Its not sounding like an std, but you do need to follow up with a doctor about this to get a diagnosis.

Aj
I had an unprotected sex with this girl that has smelly and fishy discharge. And I got the yellowish discharge from my genitals, does it mean that if a man sleeps with a woman with foul smelly discharge can contact any STD? Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Jonny!
You don;t know if you have a STD or not, it might not be. But any unprotected encounter could lead to a STD transmission. You need to see a Dr.
you metion this was a year ago and you are just now getting a discharge?  if so this is not related to that incident. Gohonerra/Clymadia does not take a year to show up.   Have you had sex with someone else since?  

you need to see a dr.

-NA
You don't understand it. I was referring to what happened then, its not now. I had the discharge after the sex with her. Her virgina was discharging fishy, smelly fluid. Then, after two weeks I had sore throat, after another one week I the discharge from my genitals.

I want to if having an unprotected sex with her while the smelly water from her was coming out will make me to contact gonorrhoea. Is it possible she has gonorrhoea before meeting me? Now, am begging to have tingling sensation and weakness on my legs and arms which I think maybe something else connected to HIV disease.

What do you have to say?

Jonny!
Again see a Dr!
smelly vagina does not mean diseases...but if you are concerned which you clearly are, go see a doc and get some real simple tests.

-NA