Sore throat and Flu symptoms after close encounter w/ stripper...DR. H - Please help !!!
*** This question is really for DR. HANDSFIELD, but it says that part of the forum is closed again.  Although everyone's feedback has value, I would prefer that only the Dr. answer my question; if that's not possible, I will just keep trying each day until I get through.  In the mean time, here is my question:

A month ago I went to a dirty strip club in a bad part of the city that has one-on-one private VIP rooms.  The stripper gave me a hand-job and allowed me to kiss her breasts and stomach  and suck on her nipples hard.  At one point when I was having difficulty ejaculating, her hand briefly went down to my rectal area.  Nothing else happened.

A day or two later, I developed some cold/flu like symptoms, including sore throat, mouth felt kind of swollen/weird, some coughing and definite post nasal drip.  Two weeks later, worrying about the incident, plus some other things going on led to my immune system totally crashing at which time, it finally manifested itself into a *severe* cough/sore throat.  I went to urgent care and the PA gave me an antibiotic, but didn't think it was related to the incident.  She did mention, however, that gonorreah can sometimes cause a sore throat, so she told me to keep an eye on it.  A month later, the cough is now better, but the constant post nasal drip, the sore throat and the overall "weird" feeling in my mouth continues to persist day after day.  (Just a note- I never developed any genital pain or any problems in that region.)

The main reason for my concern and associating it with this incident is that (1) this was a "sex worker" with lots of clients probably that same day, so she was definitely high risk....and (2) I developed symptoms right after this incident, and I am a person that generally never gets sick.  

I hope you will tell me that it can't be STD related, but I just don't understand why I still have these weird symptoms.    Should I get tested for something?  Like most of the people who write to you, I have a lot of anxiety over this incident and initial exposure to HIV even crossed my mind.  Please help.  Thanks so much for all of the work you do.
Hi somewhereinthesouth,

You do not have HIV from this encounter.  Period.

Post nasal drip does not map to any STD I know of.

You were in a "dirty" strip club with "dirty" women your mouth might have caught some of the figurative "dirtyness."  In other words, the most likely scenario is that you are/were sick.

HPV would be the only STD that I think you could have received and even then the likelyhood of that is extremely slim.

Bottom line:

Your symptoms point to nothing that can be mapped back to your "encounter" from what I can tell.

-AdviceSeeker06
Correction: HPV = Herpes.  Mistake pointed out by post below.  I find myself mixing up that acronym a lot it looks like :)
Thanks for the encouraging words - !  Appreciate your feedback.
Have you been tested?  I am no expert but read a lot these boards (Dr. H's responses) and I can tell you that you are fine, you can't get an STD from a hand job.  If I were you, I'd just go get tested and put it behind you.
dr handsfield doesn't even come look at this forum as far as I know. If you want his advice you have to post on his board.  All you get here is the peanut gallery.

grace
Thanks for all of your responses.  I was able to get through on the "DR" forum, so please feel free to read Dr. Handsfield's response if you wish.  Correct that there was nothing to really worry about.  Thanks