STDs Community
Syphilis?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Syphilis?

In early March I had an unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a 19 year old woman, I am a 19 year old heterosexual, no drug use. I contracted what my doc believed was chlamydia and was given a shot for it along with oral antibiotics. Then another round of antibiotics and now a third to hopefully clean it up.

Last week however, about 5 months post exposure I developed a small round red spot on he tip of my penis. From what I've rad this appears it could be syphilis. However, it seems to late to be primary syphilis but I could be wrong.

Does this sound like syphilis?

Would the antibiotics I've been on kill the syphilis?

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Syphilis showing 5 months after...very much doubt that and from a 19 year old American girl...highly doubt that one also. I would not be worried about syphilis.

Blank
I thoguht it was a long shot, her having it in the first place, and then not developing symptoms until this late. Plus from what I've read the antibiotics I've been on seem to be very similar to the ones prescribed for syphilis treatment.
Blank
The spot appears to be healing.

What could have caused it besides syphilis?
Blank
580755_tn?1357673215
Things like that can be caused from so many different things...irritation, fungial, bacterial...can't really say.
Blank
I appreciate the help. It doesn't seem to resemble any of the pictures of syphilis chancres, and I seem to remember having this happen before.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
STDs Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...