I'm 27, male. Sufferring from urethra itch (last 1.5 years) and anal itch (last 3 years).
I've visited several times different doctors, and following problems were found out and solved:
1.lambliasis in bile duct. cured with mcmirror and other antibiotics. lamblias were removed, itch still stayed
2. chronic Herpes and Cytomegalovirus. Took antivurs therapy, checked again for viruses, viruses didn't decrease. itch was not cured
3. disbacteriosis. cured for half a year with different probiotics. disbacterios was cured, anal itch was significantly disappeared, but urethra itch still stayed
4. chronic hepatitis B. Had it when I was 6 years old. doctor just recommended a diet. itch still stayed
Apart from that, there was another suspects from doctors:
1. diabetes. - bloot test showed negative result
2. sexual transmitted infections. - bloot test didn't find anything except chronic herpes and cytamegalovirus
3. prostate problems. - ultrasound diagnostic showed that the size and condition of prostate is normal.
4. kidneys problems. - ultrasound diagnostic and urine test showed that it's normal
5. allergy too food. - doctors just recommended me not to eat anything which causes itch. creams such as triderm was precribed
6. immune deficit. - blood test showed that it's normal
7. haemorrhoids. - no patology in rectum was found
8. hygene problems. - washing everyday, changing underwear every 2 days, wear only cutton.
9. nervous system problems. - have quite tempreament. no considerable stress
1. itch is getting more intense if I eat sweet food: all sugar containging food (cakes, chocolates, ice-cream, banana, etc) and citrus fruits (orange, kiwi, etc). the reaction can start in 20-30 minutes
2. itch is ususally more intense in the night. sometimes i can't sleep because of that until 4 am.
3. practicing homosexual contact, stable partner for the last 2 years. but doctors don't know that.
What can be the reason of the itch? Is it possible that doctors missed some desease specifically applicable to gays?
Thank you in advance
you know this isn't std related. you've covered those bases. not really much else we can help you with. breaking the itch cycle can be difficult but it's not related to herpes ( herpes will not cause you to itch all the time for 3 years ) or any other std.
Copyright 1994-2016 MedHelp International. All rights reserved.
MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.