STDs Community
Urethritis - chlamydia/gonorrhea from fellatio?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I recently started seeing a girl. We had sex for the first time this last weekend. We were scrupulously careful about using condoms for vaginal sex, but she did go down on me. (We were also in bed for most of the weekend, screwing like rabbits.)

On Monday morning I woke up to notice that there was a greyish-white discharge coming from my penis, and it was (and continues to be) slightly sore. It does not hurt when I urinate (if anything, urination relieves the dull burning.)

Now, I was tested one week before this time. They took an early flow urine and a blood sample, and tested for gonorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis and HIV, all of which came up negative.

The girl in question has not been tested, but she has just ended a monogamous 6 year relationship, towards the end of which (the last year or so) they were not, or hardly ever, having sex.

From what I've read, gonorrhea and chlamydia can live at the back of the throat and be asymptomatic, so this is a possibility, but how likely is this? Is it possible that I just have an infection from too much friction, or some dirt getting into my urethra? Certainly, the amount of discharge has gotten less since Monday, although the dull burning is still there.

I could go in for another test this Friday, but should I rather just wait and see if this goes away?

Thanks for any help
Hi there -

Given your testing history, and her sexual history, I'd say the chances of this being gonorrhea or chlamydia are very low.

It could, however, be something called NGU.  That is simply an infection in the urethra, and can be caused when normal mouth bacteria enter the urethra during oral sex.

Since you have symptoms, you should get this checked out.

AJ