STDs Community
Vaginal fluid contact !!! HIV/STI risks??

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Hi, last week, I had a protected sex (first time having sex) with a sex worker whose HIV status is unknown. after i had enough of sex, i took my penis out started to masturbate with the condoms on. after a while i took the condoms off with the same hand and started masturbation again and eventually i ejaculate..then I wiped the semen from my penis using the same hand..let say she is HIV+..im sure her vaginal fluid will be on the condom when I was masturbating which could be transferred to my hands.. it was so wet...is it possible that my hand could transfer the HIV to my urethra when i wiped the semen? i actually wiped the semen out of the tip!!! Please help me.... Is it possible for me to get other STIs?? Please help me!!!
this was not a risk for any std for you from using the same hand.

protected sex is recommended because it works!! the only std's not adequately protected against with protected sex are herpes, hpv and syphilis.  in general we don't recommend testing unless you have a partner at home to protect.

grace
Thx for the info.... so there is no actual risk of transmission is it? Do i need to go for testing or not? What do you think?

Thanks...
not worth testing from this encounter unless there is a regular partner to protect.
Thank you very much for your time and advice!!
Im sorry.. what do you mean by telling unless there is a regular partner to protect?? I dont get it..Do you mean a wife? Im a student...sorry can u explain further!! please!!
wife or gf
GF
since you have a regular gf to protect, you should err on the side of caution and test for the std's that condoms don't protect as well against. you can get tested for syphilis any time after 6 weeks post encounter and herpes after 3 months. hpv is also a risk but we don't have commercially available tests for males for it to cover that base.
Thanks for your answers so far.....for the past four days, im having loose water stool once or twice a day... It is like diarrhea but its not I guess because diarrhea is having watery loose stools for 3 or more times a day...... Im scared it could be HIV symptoms..I dont feel sick or tired.No swollen lymph nodes..no nausea or vomiting..had some flu....Is it because HIV?? and another question is, when I masturbate ,I told I had her vaginal fluid from the condom ..the volume was abit high..so when i masturbate, my urethra opens a bit...Is it possible that the vaginal fluid  enter the urethra thru big opening of urethra via masturbation and infects me (assume she is HIV+)...???
why would you automatically think hiv caused your diarrhea instead of the far more likely cause of a viral gi bug like are going around right now?

really, the risk of hiv is so low you should rarely think you have it. just test for it routinely to err on the side of caution.
Zzz
Does HIV dies very quickly once exposed to outer environment?? Is that the reason why I have lower risk?? Does lower risk means no risk?? Does all high risk activities such as unprotected vaginal intercourse transmit HIV if one of the partner has HIV???
Hi Rider, yes hiv dies quickly and that is why you are at at a lower risk. Lower risk does not mean no risk. Hi risk are unprotected sex and if one has HIV, it can be transmitted.
Your original is from Oct, why are you still worried about this?
So does all high risk activities transmit HIV???? Is there any recorded case of transmission similar to my incident??
The reason they call it low risk is that you had some protection but the exact details are not known to anyone what exactly happened, even you. Lets say you bit your fingernails and your cuticles were cut and you made contact with an infected part of her body, then it could be transfered/
But rest assured that you did not contact HIV as you really need some strong unprotected vaginal, anal or oral penetration.
Just go chill out and enjoy your life.
Ya im more relieved now... Is there any real risk of other sti transmission from my encounter???
None
Im sorry to ask again..does your answer means from the encounter i had, there is no chance that i could get hiv ar other STis????
Thanks once again
Hi rider, ill try to explain this is easiest way. A person having protected vaginal or anal sex is at low risk. With oral even lower. They use the term low risk as no one, not even you know that exact details of what touched what. This low risk doubt is the consequence of promisquity. You can get tested to see if you have anything.