STDs Community
Worried about Oral Std, need Info

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Worried about Oral Std, need Info

I'm a young homosexual male.  About 2 weeks ago I fellated another male, and am now worried about possible sti's and the like.

I'm scheduled to have a wide array of testing soon, but I feel it would be beneficial to ask some questions about the tests and various potential infections.  I am not worried about HIV, the chance of contracting that from oral is minimal, but am more worried about chlamydia and gonorrhea.  For more info about my sexual partner:  The man was mid to late 30s, no marks on his body or penis, had been tested 8 months ago, and had one partner other than me since then who was a close friend.  I haven't had any symptoms since then, but I'm still worried.  Personally, I feel my risk level is low but it doesn't hurt to check.

1.)  I was told that a urine test would help detect oral chlamydia and gonorrhea as after the two week mark it would have entered my blood stream.  Is this true?

2.)  Based on my description of the partner, what is my risk level?

3.)  Oral gonorrhea is often asymptomatic, if so it can be undiscovered for a while.  How long until I start getting ill from the illness?

4.)  What is the transmission rate for oral to genital gonorrhea and vice versa?

5.)  Will genital gonorrhea resolve on its own and if so when?

I might have some other questions later, until then I'd deeply appreciate any answers.
1. No, you would need an oral swab
2. Low risk, just like all oral sex
3. Maybe months but it is uncommon to catch and can often cure it's self
4. No numbers, both are low risk
5. It can, but no guarantee it would...maybe 6-8 weeks
Thanks for your quick reply!  Another question:

I've been taking Minocycline 90 mg once per day for about a month before the incident and continue to take it afterwards for severe acne.  As minocycline is known to cure gonorrhea and chlamydia, will it help in fighting it off or make me more immune somehow?
I can't/don't give medication advice. Even if I did/could that would be out of my basic knowledge.
I understand, that was a rather silly question wasn't it?  I've read that oral Chlamydia is extremely rare compared to oral Gonorrhea, is that true?

Furthermore what other diseases can I contract via oral receptive sex on a male?

Thanks for your help!
Yes it is.
Herpes, HPV, syphilis and NGU
Lastish question:  Ever since the encounter I've had a lot of mucus I've been swallowing at the back of my throat.  It isn't pus, more like the drips you get after a cold.  Is that a symptom of any std in particular?
No