STDs Community
chlamydia test negative, so what is it...

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

Good evening, I was wondering if any one would be able to assist me with some information, just to put my mind at ease so I may sleep tonight!

So I had unprotected sex around 4 weeks ago. Over the last 10 or so days I have had itching on my penis. Mostly at night. It also sometimes have pain while urinating, again mostly at night or in the morning.

It's possible there has been a small amount of milky discharge, although I'm not sure. It seemed like there could have been a few drips of it around my penis when I went to the toilet earlier today. There could also be small colorless bumps under my foreskin but that could just be me being paranoid.

I took a chlamydia test (which is the only test my local clinic does) and the results have come back negative. What do I do from here? Do I just go see a GP? What could it be as it's not chlamydia?

Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Hi. well coming down with NSU symptoms 3 weeks after your experience is a bit iffy is your experience would be conntected to it. Usual symptoms of urethra discomfort and a discharge would appear in 5 days or so.
The best thing that i could advise is to have your urethra swabed and cultered. This would let you know if you infact have a urethra infection.
If you just having the itching it might be associated with trich which is a parasite.
Thank you very much. The symptoms came on around 7 days later but I've had to have the test done etc since then. They symptoms have persisted until now. So how would I go about getting that done? See my GP?
You could have ghonnorhea.  If you are experiencing drip and slight pain.  You should seek testing for it.  NGU (non gonnocal urethritis) is also a possibility.  I had that several years ago. I would have preferred the ghonnorhea instead....NGU is caused by normal bacteria in the mouth when a partner receives oral sex.  You would get an Rx for that.