STDs Community
genital warts? please respond..

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

genital warts? please respond..

hey guys first post here today im 20 yrs old from uk

basically about 3 months ago after a few days of more than usual masterbation (masturbation) (this may be irrelevant) i noticed a slight irritation around the end of my foreskin on the outside (slightly red) but this hasnt gone away and for the last 21/2 months has been very itchy (not painful) with a few very small bumps at the end.

at first i thought it must be herpes but my research into that says it is unlikely that that would be my only symptom and also herpes tends to resolve after a few weeks or so (not months)

then i realised it is likely to either be thrush or mch more worringly genital warts...and to make matters worse i have had a couple of unprotected vaginal intercourse risks so its definately plasible

I am going to get a test but before was researching online and found that one way to know for sure if it isnt genital warts is to do the vinegar test by soaking a cotton ball in vinegar and placing it over the suspected area for 10 minutes to see if the bumps or anything turns white...apprently if it does you ma not have genital warts but if it doest then you very very likely can be sure it is another skin condition..i am hoping just thrush.

i havent helped matters by masterbating (masturbating) frequently and only until this week have taken this seriously enough to stop masterbating (masturbating) to let my skin heal as it (im hoping) could just be some irration that i havnt really let recover.

is the vinegar test accurate and if so what specifically should i look for...or just post anything shed some light and help me work out what could be doing this to my penis??? i have no other symptoms.
apprently if it does you MAY* have genital warts but if it doest then you very very likely can be sure it is another skin condition..i am hoping just thrush.
are you sexually active?

grace
yes why
odds are these are just normal bumps - pearly papules or fordyce spots even. if you are concerned, no more home guessing, be seen for a proper exam.

if you've had unprotected sex, you need to follow up with proper testing. you can test for chlamydia and gonorrhea anytime after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.

have you had your gardasil shot series yet?

grace