STDs Community
getting over std aniexty

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

getting over std aniexty

okay. i need help getting over std aniexty. it stops me from getting closer to girls with the worry of where they have been and if they are lying and etc. last summer i was with this girl i knew from high school. we had a one night stand. we used protection but the condom broke. we talked for days before this though and she assured me she was std free. my dick head was sore in the morning for two days though. but thats it. i believe thats from ******* for about four hours straight. i even asked again back in feburary and she said that she was clean when we had sex and still is std free. one night i had intercourse with a escort. but that night we used condoms for everything. oral and vaginal sex. one condom broke but while outside of her. she also assured me that she was std free. that was back in november. i have not had sex since then. i have no signs of stds, and i never get sick. i was sick back in the beginning of may for a little while but i was better within a couple of days. i have not gotten test because i feel like i was safe with the escort and the girl last summer was clean. now i do have ocd though. and it puts one idea in my head and goes crazy. i need to know how i can officially get over this std aniexty? also do you think with these accounts i should go get tested? please i need to nip this aniexty in the butt once and for all. i'm tired of worrying about nothing.
have you sought out any professional counseling? usually if folks have anxiety about std's, they have anxiety about other things in life too and professional counseling/therapy can help you find more effective ways to deal with it all :)

I think it is rather naive myself to just trust folks when they say they get tested, it's ok to ask to see actual test results and share your own results too. that way you know that they are actually properly tested for all std's, including herpes , and not that a female just gets yearly paps and thinks that that is covering the bases properly.  Of course this doesn't work with escorts but an escort who is giving protected oral and genital sex is one taking proper precautions and concerned about her own health which is good.

grace
yeah i have anxiety about almost everything. i dont want to take professional help, i want to conquer it on my own. i know i dont have a std because the girl which was unprotected, she would tell me if she had anything. i know its naive to just trust her word but i really do believe she would tell me i she had anything. i pressed her a couple of times about it so by now she would have cracked. besides professional help what do you think i could do to get over it? and do you think i should get tested if its been so long since i've had sex with no symptoms and good health?
honey, if you have anxiety about everything, you aren't going to do this on your own. life is too short to be anxious needlessly, talk to a professional and get some guidance :)

most folks don't get proper std testing. not saying this to make you more anxious, saying it to help you protect yourself!
thanks for your help. i just need seek some professional help with it. i know its def anxiety because of the things that trigger it. I know i'm good because i have taken the precautions to stop. just got to keep a level head and try and beat this anxiety attacks. thank you so very much for answering my questions
Dude I know exactly how you feel,I suffer from OCD about STDs as well,it sucks so badly