STDs Community
how long does a herpes sore usually last? just curious

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I almost have enough for the herpes select test, theyre charging over alittle over 120 at my clinic to get tested for it, so yeah hard to afford since im a student. I am wondering, how long does a genital herpes usually sore last? I still have the sore near the tip of my penis, its been there for id say around 2.5 months if not alittle longer.  Im not stressing out or anything since, i dont plan on dating or having sex anytime soon, but way curious, grace can you help me again lol?
TRAVIS - IF YOU THINK YOUR CLINIC IS PRICEY WAIT UNTIL YOU GET MY BILL ;)

Anytime you have herpes questions travis don't hesitate to read the herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com or the info on herpes at www.ashastd.org. Both are filled with reliable info and will answer most of the questions you might have.

On average a 1st time ob lasts 2-3 weeks. recurences are about 7-10 days.

grace
Hi.  I'm a 27 yr old female. I have had genital herpes for almost 3 years now. I knew my boyfriend was positive for herpes when we started dating and I eventually got it even though he was doing the daily Valtrex thing.  Though herpes is extremely contagious and easy to contract, even the worst outbreak I've ever had only lasted about a week and 1/2 -- not quite 2 weeks.  It's possible it could be a genital wart caused by HPV.  Those tend to stay around unless treated w/ Aldara cream or are frozen off. That's what it sounds like to me. Most of the time my outbreaks only last 4 or 5 days when I take Valtrex at the onset. Hope that helps.
both your info really helped alot. both you guys had really good answers, and **** i hope if i do have it lol, the meds r cheap, ill definitely keep you posted. Id rrather want HPV then herpes idk y, but im praying i have neither lol. gonna be hard to find a gf with herpes. 41/2 negative..does your name mean you tested for HIV and came back negative? im thinking about going in for my 6 month test to be sure, i did my 12 weeks test back on the 9th, it was alittle more, maybe 14 or 15 weeks
Wow, you were willing to date your boyfriend and got it? How has it been for you? I wonder, is it worth it to you? Just curious.
hi
I'm a 26 yr old student and had 2 boyfriends in my life.  
I contracted type 1 on the genitalia.  My boyfriend had a little cold sore and I did not pay attention.  I contracted it about 6 months ago.  The first time was very bad. Painful. I just had a recurrence last few days and it was extremely light.  I barely needed medication. I guess it reacts different in each individual.  I believe is something that you have to be yourself ok with in case you contracted it.  It happens and many times it is not your fault. I took it because I was naive and didn't pay attention to the cold sore he had on his lip. From now on though I'll consider a partner a little more and take care of my sexual life better.  
I knew my bf had it, and I dated him anyway.  It was worth it to me because I loved him, and herpes has been nothing more than a skin irritation now and then.

Love is a LOT harder to find than herpes is.  
its soo true!!!!
HEY I GOT HERPES TWO MONTH AGO . WHEN I GOT HERPES IT WAS ONE OF MY HARDEST DAY OF MY LIFE PAIN STARTED ALL OVER MY BODY , NERVE PAIN , NOW I REGRET ABOUT THE LAST EXPOSURE WITH ESCORT