STDs Community
mycoplasma hominis

Ask questions, get support regarding sexually transmitted diseases (STDs): chlamydia, crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Molluscum Contagiosum, pelvic inflammatory disease, rectal infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, yeast infection. For HPV/genital warts visit HPV Community. For Herpes please visit Herpes Community.

For AIDS/HIV issues, please visit HIV Prevention.

mycoplasma hominis

hi,doctor,i`ve got the  mycoplasma hominis test positive,i am taking treatment now,plus i have cervical erosion after delivery,my question is does my husband need to take treatment as well?and what`s the pecentage of getting it not through sex?coz i doubt my husband now,he could have other sexual partners than me in the past 1.5 years...
It is normal bacteria present in the vagina.
but,why my doctor told me i have to be treated then?first i`ve made cytology test and it showed that i`ve got hidden infections,then i`ve made a test for chlamidia,ureaplasma,mycoplasma hominis,and HPv,only mycoplasma hominis showed positive result
i`ve been diagnosed with mycoplasmosis after the test,i know it is 100% std infection,right?does my husband need to be treated?
As vance said it is a normal bacteria in women, there is a search tool above try searching it here in Medhelp an dyou will find 100's of post about this topic. while looking, look for an experts response and read what they have to say about it.
i have been diagnosed with the same thing about 2 years ago . and i can tell you mashash that some antibiotics will do things fine plus keep up the treatment. as Vance said its a normal bacteria.read about STDs as well.
and yes your husband needs treatment if he has such a thing , ask him and go to a special clinic to check him self.and stop doubting,
i did the same with my husband . and he made test for syphilis ,HIV, herpes , chlamydia , RPR ,..etc  and the test's all cameout negative.  
mycoplasma hominis is not a threaty infection , as i also had this before and been treated in a short time.i did same as you carolinablu with my husband, as well as his test all was  negative.
doctors at that time said its an STD . as well as u could get it thru other things , but it was a samll % for that.
i had a doubt as well with my husband, but when i saw his test negativly i start breathing again.
and we are not sure yet about the reason , but most likly as what doctors said also , it could be infected tools or items in our life. i just want to advice you to let ur husband take the step and make a test . if its negative then dont wast ur time doubting .. and look at the other things you have in your life, and always wash your underwear with hot water.. thats a very important thing, shaving machine, towel, bed cover.  GD luck ! mashash in that.
hi everyone. seems to be the talk of the hour.
ask me about mycoplasma hominis. its the reason of destroying my life with my husband . i had it 1 year ago, and i did just exactly as you all said. and my husband did his part and guess what ! he was negative too. i treated my self as you all know by taking antibiotics and other kind of treatments.
But honestly speaking ! i feel sorry for my self after all this time. my husband stand beside me but i didn't listen . and i was underspressure as you all felt at that moment. i need an advice now from all of you . i love him and i realized that it wasn't him the reason as its an STD infection. what should i do . please help me. if you can .
M.Hominis is common organism and is unlike other STDs. They are shared by sex partners but their presence does not imply that either you or your husband have had other sexpartners recently. It is not unusual for monogamous couples to suddenly experience a M. Hominis infection even after years of exclusivity. In these cases there are other factors at work that make infection by this common bacteria more likely. For example:

M.hominis is a bacteria that could be in the vagina if you have Bacterial Vaginosis and also other vaginal infections. With BV the normal bacterias are less and replaced with other bacterias such as Gardella Vaginalis and M.Hominis,these can in normal cases be present in the vagina, but if you have BV the amount of them is increased.

i have an sti and am having these symptoms; squashy testis(thick liquid like) troubles passing stools,hair plucking off.if any of you know what it is please help me because am nearly dying with it.