STDs Community
numerous uniform bump/blisters on head of penis

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

I recently noticed my very occasional partner had many uniform looking flesh colored small blisters (or perhaps bumps that weren't actually filled with fluid ) completely covering the head of his penis.  I haven't read anything in any of the medical forums online that sounds like what he has.  The bumps are large enough to see quite easily (once the lights are on!) and not red at all.  They are obvious when flaccid as well as erect.  I would guess that they total about 30 or so.  We always have safe sex when having intercourse, but I was performing oral sex when i noticed the bumps.  They didn't seem to bother him at all and when I mentioned that he must have some sort of irritation from condoms or "overuse" he shrugged it off as if he hadn't noticed.  Obviously, I was a little concerned, and rinsed my mouth well with Scope as soon as possible, about 30 minutes later.  I have no idea if that would have even helped keep me from contracting something if it was contagious, but it was all I could think of to do as a possible prevention!

So, my question is what could this possibly be?  A form of dermatitis?  Numerous small water blisters that are exactly the same size from too much sexual activity?  There didn't seem to be anything on the shaft, just covering the head.  And the blisters or bumps don't look like any of the syphilis or herpes photos that i have seen.  I am waiting to see if i get any symptoms orally before going to a doctor for tests.  Should i just go now anyway?

Thanks for any information you might be able to give me!
Oh I don't know what they are - are you sure they were blisters?  And it didn't bother him?

Do you know how long he's had them?

I wouldn't worry about oral sex - the only stds you can get orally from giving him oral sex are gonorrhea and syphilis, and neither of those would give him symptoms like this.

I'd ask him to get it checked before you have sexual contact with him again though.

Aj
Oh and google pearly papules and see if that fits.  It might.

Aj
Thank you very much for your reply.  I don't know how long he has had them and the best visual description I can relate it to is that it looks kind of like a very mature cucumber that has bumps on it where the prickly bits are.  (gardening reference, lol!)  I know about pearly papules and these weren't like those.  All I could imagine was perhaps some weird form of herpes or simply a reaction to something.  Who knows.  I'm just hoping nothing shows up orally for me!  It sounds like I may be safe, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!  And definitely not seeing him again until I know everything is okay.
Google fordyce spots.

And good cucumber reference - it made me think of fordyce spots.

Aj
Thank you so much for the fordyce spots reference!  I believe that solves the mystery!  Whew!  More women should really know about penile health issues (as men should know about female ones) so we are all more informed and less worried!  :)  Thanks again for your time and knowledge!