STDs Community
posting tips :)

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

posting tips :)

When posting to this forum - it's helpful for all of us  if you keep posting to the same thread.  You can bookmark your thread so that it's easy to find or if you click on the "my medhelp" button at the top of the forum you can view all your posts you've made on medhelp which makes it easier to find a particular thread of yours too.  It just saves us all time if we can glance thru your "story" before replying.  It gets very confusing when someone has 4 or 5 threads going all at the same time.  

Its also very helpful if you can fill out your profile with your real gender, and what country you are in.  Often, we will give suggestions on where to go to get tested, and it helps greatly if we know what country you are in.

NO PICTURES!  please do not post any pictures of your symptoms whether they are oral or genital.  First off the pictures are so small we can't really see anything anyways. also this site is pg-13 so it's inappropriate to post pictures of your genitals.  Also we are not your doctor - you need to be showing symptoms to  a trained medical professional - not to strangers on the web!  

Patience please :)  We are all volunteers here and we get to posts when we have a time. There are some absolutely terrific posters who stop by the forum regularly who will gladly help you when they have the time - don't get antsy if someone doesn't answer your post in a hour or two.  If it seems like your post got missed - just reply to it again to "bump" it up to the top again where someone will probably see it.  

Please don't get mad if you only get the response of - you need to see your provider about this and get testing done. We will gladly help you with information and support you when you get a diagnosis but there's  only so much we can do until then. Nothing replaces a personal exam and testing done by a qualified medical professional.  Until you've had proper testing done - it's mostly guessing.  

Also the doctors from the std experts forum do not stop by to read posts on the herpes or the std communities.  If you want their advice you need to pay to post on their site.  If you have already posted to the expert forum, then please let us know.

If you have any questions about how to post or how to send a note or a private message or how to fill out your profile or anything like that - feel free to post asking those sorts of questions too and we'll all try to help guide you :)  

Thanks so much!
Please don't respond to this thread with std questions.  If you have questions, please ask in a thread you have already started, or if its your first post, start a new thread.

Thanks.

Aj
auntiejessi thank you very much for all the help and effort that you put in this forum. i wish you all the best.
auntiejessi you are appreciated for being helpful and caring this people in your community..you have a kind heart..God bless you!! i wish you al the best so u can continue helping us...
Also please be aware that anyone who continues to post excessively after being asked to stop doing so by the forum community leader will be subject to additional warnings/action by MedHelp.  

Also any member who creates a 2nd nickname is also going to be subject to action by MedHelp too.  

Also please be curteous to the other posters and don't hijack other people's threads when inappropriate.  Start your own thread so we can help you :)   We realize that the idea of an std can be very anxiety provoking but we can better help you if your concerns are mostly in your own thread with your own personal information in it.  

Thanks for your attention to this!

Aj
What do you mean when you say that we cant have a second Nickname? I made up a first nickname but right after I decided that it was too personal of a name so I made another name, anonymousgirl01. I've tried to delete the other one but I couldn't figure out how. I've never used that one ever. What should I do??
You should contact support and ask them to delete your other nickname.  Your situation is ok.  Its really meant for those people who have more than one name in order to ask the same questions over and over.

Use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Aj
thanks, i'll do that
Sorry. Didnt mean to post twice. It was an accident. >.<
Tried to cancel posting the first one, i thought it stopped posting.
And about the photo.  Well, there's an option that says "Add Photo".  My bad i didn't read posting tips/rules before uploading.  Won't happen again. Peace!
hi. i dont know where to find the threads... and i really need an answer... please help me... it's my first time so i don't know where to go..
I'm confused hon - you found this one.  If you are reading this, then click back to forum.  Then you will see all the threads - different topics posted by different people.

To start your own thread, click the green "post a question" button, then type your question, and then hit the green "post comment" button at the bottom right of the box where you typed.

Aj
bump