STDs Community
tip of penis stings

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

tip of penis stings

Last week or so I had protected vaginal and oral sex with a prostitute and that didn't last long. Few days later, I received oral sex with a condom .. i changed the condom half way through so that it doesnt break to put on the new one on......Ever since the second occasion of sexual activity I have felt pulsating mild sting on the tip of my penis, but only when I start over analyzing and thinking about it, when I am keeping busy, I do not feel anything at all. I will be going to get tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia in a few days, but mr. MD could you please give me an advice or based on your previous experience what it could be?  I know the best result is to get tested and find out which I will, but I would like some reassurance for now.

Thank you very much
You had a protected encounter, twice. You are clearly stressed about the whole thing. Anxiety can cause people to perceive normal body sensations into painful ones. I went through what you are going through few weeks back. It is clearly anxiety.
thanks for replying.... i need some moral support or i will go insane here...... so you had the same symptoms as me? and you also had protected sex? i think the chances of contracting an STD through protected oral sex are really slim especially with the condom on, but this stinging is affecting me on all levels, i can't concentrate... any tips on how to beat the anxiety????

thanks
You can begin by taking a break off the computer. You say when you dont think about it, it stops, right? There is one solution. Keep remembering that you had a protected affair and think about good things that may have happened you. I would say the only way to end this is to have a doctor examine you. There you will find your absolution and the final nail in the coffin for your fear.