STDs Community
was this a pimple? herpes?

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

was this a pimple? herpes?

I found a little bump on the outer lips of my vagina. It itched and there was only one. About a week after I noticed it, it seemed to have a head as if it was a pimple, and I was able to pop it. (gross, I know). The bump is not raised anymore, and seems to be going away, although it itches a little still.

Could this have possibly been a pimple? I'm really scared it was a herpes outbreak, which I've never had and am not sure what it'd look like. I would think that if I had an outbreak it would be more than one bump, right? And are herpes bumps able to be popped like a pimple? Anyone else ever get a pimple down there? Ah I'm freaking out.
It sounds to me like it is just a pimple thing.  I have had them few times before too.  Especially if you shave.  That really doesnt sound like herpes. But if you think you may actually have a chance of having herpes, like having unprotected sex, you should get tested just to be sure.  But it sounds like nothing.  
I have something similar too.

It's like a dome. At first it looked like a dome, and now I think it has a white spot.

I don't know if it's the fluid of a pimple, a white spot that was there already because of Fordyce's spots that I have all over my groin area, or a herpes infection.

I only have one also, I haven't noticed any others. Also I went to get tested for Herpes, as well as HIV, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, etc. 4 weeks/28 days after my last protected sexual encounter. And I tested Negative for everything.

I'm a basically in the clear? The only odd thing I noticed is that one bump. No other symptoms. Just that one bump. It's driving my mad just thinking there's still a possibility it could be Herpes or any other STD.
Anybody know what we have? Is it nothing?
I do shave, so maybe that has something to do with it. Could it be an ingrown hair? It is still there, but doesn't itch anymore really.

I, too, only have one bump and no other symptoms. Don't herpes break out in clusters? I thought it would be gone by now =/
Easiest way to know at this point is to have a Herpes blood test.  Quick, relatively painless, and you will know for sure.  In general though:

* Herpes may appear as a single blister or multiple
* Typical herpes looks like a blister, not a pimple (think about a blister you get on your heel from tight shoes)
* Herpes tends to recur in the same place -- have you had something like this in this spot before?
* Itching is one possible symptom -- but ingrown hairs itch too!

Get the blood test just to be sure.
I did, before. I don't think is was in the same spot, but in the same area (The outerskin near the head of the penis). But I was a virgin then.

Right now, it looks like a pimple with a what appears like solid white liquid. It looks like its starting to fade away now. But what made me think it was herpes was because of the weird shape. The dome itself is round. But when I stretch the skin to amplify the size. I notice there's a puffy area in the skin to the left of the dome.

I went to get tested 28 days after the suspected date of infection (if it is herpes) and I tested negative for everything, including Herpes.
Also, it isn't wet or oozing anything. It's dry. The white liquid I mentioned is still encased.

There's also some redness around the dome.
This is the first time I've gotten anything like this on or even near my vagina. I haven't had any risky sexual encounters lately, but I'm gonna get checked to be safe. I'm thinking it is an ingrown hair though.

tcpx, does yours itch at all?
I just had a pimple near my penis.  I thought it could be a herpe...  It was there one day and two days later I  can still see where it is, but it's not inflamed.  Had a STD clinic look at it today, she said it looks like a pimple, not a herpe.  I spoke with a STD specialist who said herpes tests after 2 weeks are really accurate, 4 weeks near perfect, but 3 months for fool proof.  Be aware that many people have oral herpes.  If you test and it's positive and doesn't distinguish between genital and oral... you still might just have oral...  Good luck to you.
Mine doesn't itch. It doesn't hurt either, I just feel some discomfort when I apply some pressure to it.

The test I took was for both HSV-1 and HSV-2.
I understand that you can get herpes in your genital area from intercourse (genital herpes) and herpes from oral sex in your genital area (oral herpes).  If you already have oral herpes (aka cold sores) you cannot re-catch oral herpes in your genital area.  Based on what doctors tell me, you KNOW when you have herpes.  It's supposedly really painful.  Based on what I've heard, you sound like you're ok :-)
So an HSV-1 and HSV-2 result of <90 (On both) after 4 weeks of contact is a good sign that I don't have herpes?

Ugh, that's a relief. It's a huge weight off my shoulders. I don't know what I'd do if I had it.

Thanks for the information. Can't thank you enough.
i read on the internet that u cant get pimple in your genital area because there are no ours on your genital area and There are so many people out there that have herpes and dont even no they have because for people with sensitive skin to laundry soup may get a rash and that also could be herpes and if a female is men straiting before this pimple or rash if she has a pad on it would look like dipper rash but herpes can also look like dipper rash according to the doctor.  
I have found out I do not have herpes via testing.  I have had rashes that were irritating and something that doctors have called pimples... but who knows what they are.  My  doctor told me that when you have a herpes outbreak, you know it!  Supposedly, it's amazingly   painful.   Anyone with experience back this or explain otherwise?
i have 3 on my vagina but it had heads like pus  and they hurt when i sit but i also looked at pictures about herpes and it didnt look nothing like it but it only shows up after i have sex i think it may be the way that i *** but last night i popped it  because it had looked just like a pimple with  a white head but nothing came out but blood i know its nasty but im scared does anyne know whats going on
It could be a pimple, but might be an infected oil gland or hair follicle, too.  Now that you've popped it, it might be hard for the doctor to determine what it is, but you should be seen anyway.

Its not likely to be herpes if it shows up after you have sex - maybe its irritation from friction or something, but you need to find out.  Don't pop anymore, and be seen.  If this has been going on longer than a couple of months, you can have a type specific IgG herpes blood test done to at least rule it out.

Aj