STDs Community
worried possible exposure

This forum is for questions and support regarding STD issues such as: Chlamydia, Crabs (pubic lice scabies), Gonorrhea, Hepatitis (viral), Herpes, HPV, Molluscum Contagiosum, PID, Rectal Infections, Syphilis, Trichomonas, Warts, Yeast Infection

For questions and support for HPV/genital warts, please visit our HPV Community. For questions and support for Herpes, please visit our Herpes Community.

Please note, this forum does not cover AIDS/HIV issues. Please visit our HIV Prevention Community for information and support.

worried possible exposure

Hi guys. Yesterday, I had sexual intercourse with a woman who's sex history is unknown. Protection was used for vaginal and oral sex. However, at the end she took the condom off and tried to give more oral - this last about 10 seconds.

Now I am so paranoid that I can't stop worrying and it's affecting me to the point where I can't eat. She had no sores present (from what I could see) but I know that you can still transmit hsv-1 without symptoms present.

What shall I do? Get tested soon?

I'm terrified

Hi and welcome. Unprotected oral sex is low risk for contracting std's and with a 10 second exposure reduces the risk pretty much to zero. Really not an issue. Regards to testing, maybe test if you have a long term partner just to eliminate the low risk factor out of the equation.
Thanks for your quick reply. May I ask why 10 seconds of exposure would differ to say.. 5 minutes of exposure?

Also, do you have any advice how I can calm myself down a bit? I just keep convincing myself that I'm going to get Herpes / Warts from this slight exposure. I don't think researching online is really helping (just makes me feel more anxious)

And even though I wore a condom I'm a bit worried some parts of my penis were not covered.. I shouldn't get myself into these situations when I suffer with anxiety / ocd :(
Well std like gono and chlamydia tend to lie in the back of the throat in the mucus membrans so short exposure would reduce the risk for these. There are risks for protected vaginal sex  but to be at greater  risk there needs to be some rubbing and grinding naked body to naked body esp the genital areas. Since your worried maybe test to reduce your anxiety.
I will get tested, probably in about 4 weeks.

What are the chances of acquiring HSV-1 via oral sex if no active lesions were present? I've seen figures of 1 in 1,000/4% a year - is this true? If so, I guess my risk is low?
Its is considered low risk with oral sex.
Okay, that's good to hear. I'm still anxious / worried but not as much as before.

If I don't get lesions in the next 3 weeks, is it worth getting an IgG blood test? I had a IgG blood test a year ago and I was negative for hsv-1 and hsv-2.
Half of people infected with hsv2 show no symptoms and those that do can appear in around 12days or so. I no lesions appear testing is usually not recommended according to the CDC.