SURVIVING NEUROLOGICAL LIMBO LAND - NO DX User Group
right calf enlarged
About This Group:

This is a group for anyone who is currently living in limbo land with a neurological disorder but doesn't have a diagnosis. Many people are living with chronic and disabling neurological problems which mirror such diseases as multiple sclerosis, lupus, M.E., Fibromyalgia, Lymes disease, Vitimin D deficiency, Migraines, Parkinsons yet have no diagnosis and are left to literally struggle on alone. I have set up this group to help support people through their journey, whether its just for a moan, sharing a joke, experiences, advise on how to survive just plain anything. I know there are a lot of us out there. Anyone who feels lost, or needs to share or just wants a big hug please join, there will always be someone to give you support. OUR MOTTO IS: "we are still all in this together..no matter what point of our journey we are in...limbo, dx. or just joining...we are all here for a reason...to seek support, make a friend and find answers..."

Founded by MrsAristotle on October 2, 2009
521 members

right calf enlarged

last January Ive encountered right leg got swell, i go to my doctor and was diagnosed as cillulitis, the i took antibiotic for ten day the swelling was gone, but ive nontice that on my right calf was still big compare to the left, then i consulted my doctor ive got my bloodtest result all nor mal my creatinine was normal, even my cardio test was normal, im overweight for 50 pounds. what are the other causes of calf enlargement.
last January Ive encountered right leg got swell, i go to my doctor and was diagnosed as cillulitis, the i took antibiotic for ten day the swelling was gone, but ive nontice that on my right calf was still big compare to the left, then i consulted my doctor ive got my bloodtest result all normal my creatinine was normal, even my cardio test was normal, im overweight for 50 pounds and has a fatty liver my sgpt was 80.thers is no pain on the enlarge right calf im bother with the size atleast 2 inches bigger from compare to left,  what are the other causes of calf enlargement.

Hey arfe,
Calf swelling after the antibiotic treatment could be attributed to the damage caused by the original infectious condition (Cellulitis).
My guess is lymphedema, as the bacterial infection you had may have
disrupted the lymphatic flow at the location of your calf, before the action
of the antibiotics took effect there.
I'm assuming that the cardio test ruled out thrombosis, as this could have
serious consequences.

Being 50 Lbs overweight puts you in the obese category, a high risk one,
if I may say, so addressing this properly, will give you potentially many health benefits.
You live in a country where coconuts and coconut oil are in abundance.
Why not take advantage of their extra-ordinary medicinal properties,
by eliminating any foods cooked in other inflammatory cooking oils
and opt instead for food cooked with EVCO (extra virgin coconut oil),
which speeds up metabolism and it does not store as fat in the body.
Careful though with the amount consumed, as any excess is not recommended in anything, no matter how good it may be!
3-4 tablespoons daily is probably a reasonable amount.
It will also protect you form bacterial, fungal, viral and parasitic infections and help strengthen your immune system.
Visit the coconut research center website for more details.

Daily activity, walking , hiking, dancing, biking, swimming will also help you
lose some weight and improve you lymphatic circulation.
Proper breathing, massage and staying well hydrated also help
improve lymph flow.

Please check with your doctor to verify or rule out Lymphedema
or other cause of your swelling.

The information I'm posting is not a substitute for medical advice.
Take Care and Best Wishes!
Niko

wdermage commented on Spongy feeling in fee...
Sep 13
aspentoo Eyes fine again. Definitel... Comment
Sep 09
wonko Baby turns 3 months tomorro... Comment
Sep 03