Schizophrenia Community
College student with signs of schizophrenia, I'm scared please hel...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

College student with signs of schizophrenia, I'm scared please help

:( This is long, so bear with me. For the past few years I have realized that I exhibit odd behaviors compared to everyone else. I discovered that I may have schizophrenia when I was researching paranoia, as I seem to have that also and they said that it is often a symptom of a more serious disease such as schizophrenia.

Should I see a professional with these symptoms:

-blank vacant facial expression
-sleep disturbances
-hypersensitivy to criticism/insults
-recurring bouts of depression and feelings of hopelessness
-low motivation/energy/enthusiasm
-inability to form relationships
-social isolation
-increased withdrawal
-becoming lost in thoughts and not wanting to be disturbed by people
-replaying and rehearsing conversations outloud (sometimes I don't even      realize that I'm doing it until someone else has already noticed)
-lack of goal directed behavior
-deterioration of academic performance
-inappropriate emotional responses: I laugh at sad or scary events/memories
-frequent moves/walks that lead no where and serve no purpose
-ruminating thoughts
-becoming incoherent when trying to speak (only happens when I feel nervous)
-difficulty expressing thoughts verbally
-difficulty focusing/concentrating
-very poor memory
-Obsessive compulsive tendencies
-overpowering feeling that people are talking about me or watching me
-feeling that I am being watched spied on with electronic devices
-thinking that people can read my mind
-delusions of granduer
-erotomania (not with famous people but often with professors)
-I have experienced visual hallucinations twice in my life: once within the last few months and the other when I was about 10 yrs old

I know this is quite a list of symptoms. I feel like I've gone about this with a level head and I certainly did not add symptoms that are not present. I am completely oblivious to most of these symptoms most of time.

The warning sign that really made me think that I may have a mental health problem was the other day: I feel I have very mild erotomania in that I always feel that my professors are attracted to me, like I mentioned. Anyway the other day my professor wore a sleeveless dress that exposed part of her back. I felt as though she wore it just for me. I also thought that as she was walking back to her desk, she was looking at the reflection in a glass cabinet to see if I was checking her out and looking at her exposed back.

I wrote this in my journal and realized that there's something not right about the way I'm thinking. I've had feelings like this with other professors also. So that's what prompted my researching possible causes of this kind of thinking.

*sigh...I don't even know why I wrote this. I guess I'm just scared. I know with a list of symptoms like that I'm probably going to need to see a professional. It's just embarrassing and I was hoping I could talk to some other people on here about it. Not that I think anyway would read all the way down to this point...