Schizophrenia Community
Do I need to see a doctor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

Do I need to see a doctor?

I am sure you guys get these alot, buut I would like advice frrom peeople who actually have it. I have these nightmares all the time with the same monster/demon in it. Theyy always seem so real, but i never had a problem till last summer. Last summer i started to see it when I was awake. It is always their for a few seconds then it is gone. I don't see it everyday, but once I do see it, I see it for the rest of the day all the time. two of my worst instances, with it my mother came in the room to wake me up, and when I rolled  over and saw her She looked just like that monster so I punched her. The other is when I was staying at my girlfriends house, I was awake and I saaw it climb on my bed and laugh and crawl inside my girlfriend, It tooll everythingn in me not to attack my girlfriend, so I compromised and stayed up all night and watched her sleep. I do not have intense hallucinations like that very often but when I do they are horrible. Also over the years my life has been falling apart. I use to be a strait A student, now I flunk out of college and I can neever concentrate It always seems like other things are grabbing my attention. I could be anything like i want to go fishing, i need to buy donughts, no i need to workout, or maybe i should play videogames. I bounce from one job to the next. I have also noticed My emotions slowly dying. I don't feel hardly at all anymore. I am not sad, and I still laugh at things I just don't feel empathy or remorse anymore.If you gys could help me out I would appreciate it.
  Much of what you are describing sounds of concern and it would be essential to follow up by going to a psychiatrist. Some of the thoughts you are describing sound like they have aspcts of psychosis especially if they are acted on at times although only a pychiatrist would understand this in full. Having difficulty concentrating and focusing and also having difficulty relating to people is of concern as well. These concerns can be part of schizophrenia but they could also be part of other psychiatric disabilities and only a psychiatrist could provide a specific diagnosis but it would be worth seeing one. Describe all that is occuring to a psychiatrist and when it started and if the thoughts come and go or if they remain the same at all times and if anythig can set them off and they will be best able to help you.
Man, I was afraid you all would say that. I am a little paranoid about getting diagnosed, will it make it harder to find a job?
i am unable to work because i hear voices and when i listen to them i am distracted from everything going on with me i also forget things too :)