Schizophrenia Community
please help! i'm not sure if i have schizophrenia!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to schizophrenia and other schizoaffective disorders.

i am 14 and i'm not sure if i have schizophrenia. aparently, according to my friend, i have many symptoms and she persuaded me to look it up and do something about it. and she's right. i always feel like someone is out there and running to come and get me. whenever i try and tell anyone about how i feel about this they start running faster and it terrifiys me, so i can't tell anyone! sometimes i see black hands under doors and things moveing that my friend can't see. it scares me so much i sometimes cry and i have to tell eveyone it's just my hayfeiver (i don't get hayfeiver). it only really happenes at school or when i am on my own. i can also hear them alot, they wisper to me and bang and crash and night. i hear them walking beside me and i am really scared. i think they have chosen me because i can hear them. i really want to tell my mum but i am too scared to. whenever i try, i just can't, and so i get fustrated and angry and on some occations i had to run away to taulk to myself without anyone hearing. it really scares me. i can't tell my faimily because alot of things are going on and they all have alot to deal with already. and i don't know what to do or who to go to or whats wrong with me! please can someone give me some advise!! x
   Yes its difficult to say what is happening. Sometimes a person can experience these kinds of thoughts during anxiety episodes or have specific phobias. However if they interfere with a person's reality testing the thoughts could be psychotic but that can have any number of causes. Only a psychiatrist could diagnose what is happening. However any of these concerns are treatable and talk therapy is of help in addition.
  The best thing to do if you are concerned about approaching your family about this is to speak to a guidance counselor and see if they could refer you to a therapist and they could decide if a further refferal is needed.
It could be a number of things. I think its important that you tell someone, even if its not your mom but maybe a teacher as school that you trust. I would also suggest you see a child/adolescent  psychiatrist if it is impacting on your everyday life significantly which it sounds like it is. Only a Psychiatrist or psychologist can make a diagnosis and give you treatment.

Best of luck
Freddie
To tackle with such a problem its important that u shud discuss it with family members. This way u'll not be alone in ur fight. Whatever problems are there in ur family, if u dont tell abt dis problem u'll be simply adding on their worries and in turn creating problem again.So its better before the situation gets any worse u tel ur mom n get treated asap!! Meditation couls be really gud help for u.try doing it !! Dont be scared.