stopped Risperdal
i stopped Risperdal about 13 days ago I was on it since sept 13 08 for racing thoughts..all of a sudden this morning i feel like my mind is leaving me and and i am shakey the pharmacy say i should be ok but i dont feel ok an di was switched from ativan to xanax at that time too im scared and cant reach y dr
Rispedal is an antipsychotic. Ativan and Xanax are anti-anxiety agents. They will not help with psychosis. Did your psychiatrist stop the Risperdal? Or did you stop it? Its essential to always speak to a psychiatrist first before changing anything. If you were diagnosed with other than an anxiety disorder or something in addition to an anxiety disorder, Risperdal will not control it. Risperdal is used as an anti-psychotic or sometimes for mood stabilization but rarely for anxiety alone. If you can't reach your psychiatrist try paging them and tell them its an emergency call. If its a clinic ask to speak to another psychiatrist. Tell them what's going on. "Racing thoughts" could indicate a lot of things, including mania from bipolar but regardless I don't exactly what it was prescribed for but if you are posting here and diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective then its use would be as an antipsychotic and if you took yourself off it you need to go back on.
   Xanax is a short acting benzodiapene. It is generally not meant from long term use and a person can build up a tolerance to it. Klonopin is longer lasting so you might want to ask your psychiatrist about that. But regardless don't make any more changes. But speak to your psychiatrist or if they are unavailable for a prolonged period of time obtain a temporary referral to another one to follow up.