Sexual Health Community
ED after trauma during sex

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

ED after trauma during sex

This is my first post here. I am getting desperate. My appologies in advance for the long post.

Up until December I had never had any erectile issues and could have an erection several times a day as healthy male in their mid to late 30's normally could.

My girlfriend and I were having sex in December and my penis incurred some trauma while she was on top of me. A few days before that my pubic area was sore from her grinding into me (again she was on top). I immediately lost my erection when the trauma occured and thought I would regain my erection strength within a few days.

This has not happend and I am not able to achieve my normal firmness during intercourse. On top of that I have lost my erection when we try to change positions or even move to a different room during foreplay.

I went to the doctor (Boston Medical Group) and he assured me I would be fine. Just to avoid sex for a few weeks. He gave me 10mg of Cialis to take. This helped my confidence for two weeks and I was able to perform when we started having sex again, however still not achieving a 'full' erection like I could pre-trauma.

I figured I would take Cialis for 1 month to ensure I was back to normal however my erection failed a few weeks after that even after I took Cialis. I went back to the doctor and he gave me 20mg of Cialis. Still I am not achieving full erections and having hit or miss episodes with intercourse. I'm not sure what to do now. I am wondering if some blood vessels or nerves could have been damaged and if I will ever regain my firmness.  I am not getting full erections in the morning anymore like I was pre trauma.  What test should I consider getting done?

I feel a sudden loss of libido due to this and it is beginning to affect my psychologically. My girlfriend told me she likes to have sex almost daily but now I am experiencing performance anxiety I feel that I am starting to avoid intimacy which is very unlike me.

My girlfriend has stated that she feels responsible for the trauma and has been supportive of me and has said that she is still experiencing orgasms while having intercourse now. She suggested that we could avoid intercourse and just have oral/manual release for a few weeks if it would help with improving blood flow to my erection.

Is there anyone else who has experienced some penile trauma while the girl was on top? Did your erection go back to normal? I've started researching ED on the internet and I am considering get a blood test to check for low testosterone levels but I find it hard to believe my libido has dried up in 60 days. I still crave being with my girlfriend, it's just that I fear I will not be able to please her like I could before.

I would like to go back to funtioning normally without the use of medication, however if taking meds will facilitate the process then I'm open to suggestions.

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm really worried and it's preventing me from sleeping at night, concentrating during the day (I am also a healthcare professional) and enjoying my relationship with a wonderful woman.

The added complication is that my dad is a local urologist but I feel too ashamed to tell him what I am going through.

Thank you.
I think you would be wise to get a second opinion. It is very possible that something got damaged and they doctor you saw just may have missed it.
Dont worry, theres always strong viagra :D
u prolly just pulled something...i would wait a few weeks before worrying then if the problem is still there then i would get a second opinion