Sexual Health Community
Mouth problems after oral sex! Help?

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Mouth problems after oral sex! Help?

Hey guys. I had unprotected oral sex about two months ago-lasted about an hour, a small amount of precum but no ejaculation. Either a day or two afterwards I developed a weird mouth feeling- my mouth and tongue had a numb and dry feeling at the same time. Not exactly numb, but I didn't have the usual taste I do in my mouth and eating food tasted and felt different. I also developed a little bit of a sore throat, accompanied by body aches and headaches. I got tested for all STDs and everything came back negative, but because I couldn't figure out what else it could be, I tested multiple times, thinking something may have been wrong with the results. Again, negative. I was diagnosed with HPV in the past so I began worrying about that right around the same time, and then moved on to worrying about HIV--needless to say I have been pretty stressed. I have been reading on these forums a lot about oral sex and HIV- my risk is basically zero with oral sex right? Even if I had a few minor scratches or cuts in my mouth from biting myself by chewing? I tested 7 weeks after the exposure with a negative-is that conclusive?

Note: I have also had all blood tests run and throat swabs done, and everything has come back negative (this includes mono, strep, EBV, etc.). I have been to an ENT specialist: he said my throat looked a little irritated, and put me on medication for acid reflux. Another doctor also suggest Mucinex.

The closest thing I have been able to come up with to what it might be is burning mouth syndrome. I think I had it before last year (I was also stressed out about sex and weird responses from it and stress, depression, and anxiety are are listed as causes- my primary doctor suggested it), but my mouth felt a bit different than it does now. I also do not remember how I ended up getting over it- I tried different mouth products and I think I stopped stressing so much. I feel like I cannot de-stress now though- every feeling of pain in my throat or body aches makes me stress over it, and I have a ton of schoolwork which I have been doing poorly on because I cannot concentrate. I've been having really bad bouts of depression and have called the suicide hotline a few times- sometimes the pressure just hits me all at once. I have been talking with friends about it, but I feel alone--I cannot go to my parents about it because it would just stress them out more, which would stress me out more, especially when so far I havent been able to find a solution on my own. I understand their dislike of me being sexually active, but they can be harsh in their judgments and will try to control my actions like a little child. I am 19 so I have the legal independence to do health related things on my own- its just really discouraging because they are so uptight about it, but they insist that I tell them about my sex life.

Anyway, I rambled here a little. My main questions are: 1) Could this be BMS? Is there any way I could get tested for BMS? 2) If this is BMS, does anyone know any methods I could follow to lessen the physical effects? 3) Could I just have a random, unknown virus from the oral sex that cannot be identified and I just have to let it run its course?
4) Is there any way this could be HIV, even after the negative results? 5) What can I do to control my depression and its effects on my life? 6) Do you think keeping this to myself and not telling my parents is the best course of action?
I know I have asked a lot of different questions spanning different topics, but I'd be really grateful if someone could address any of these questions. Thanks a bunch!
Hi BKT, Have you thought of being retested in an STD/GUM Clinic, the staff in these may be able to put a finger on your problem, dont forget this is there one field that they work in.
Good Luck
What is a GUM Clinic? I've been tested at the local health department twice, once at my gynocologist's, and once at another health clinic.
Hi BKT, this should answer you question.
GUM stands for Genitourinary Medicine. This is a wider term that refers to the treatment of conditions relating to the reproductive system, and extends to gynaecology and andrology. Whilst sexual health obviously represents a large part of  Genitourinary Medicine, it could be argued that it is misleading to describe a Sexual Health clinic as a GUM Clinic. However the term seems to have entered popular use.
Do hope this helps you.
Good Luck