Sexual Health Community
Nerve Damage

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

Nerve Damage

I have posted here before, this time I have thought carefully about a question that I hope will be clearer than my last.

I feel no sensation at all during sex. This could owe to nerve damage, or psychological issues, among other factors.

Let's suppose I have damaged the nerves over the years from masturbation.

Let's assume this to be the case... my questions are therefore:

Can I remain hopeful of the nerves regenerating?
How long should I consider realistic?
What can I do or avoid to help the process?

Thank you

Tommerlobbe

So, you can have sex?... you just don't feel anything when you're having sex?

I know that circulatory problems can cause a lack of sensation because I had a boyfriend who had both erectile and sensation problems due to poor circulation in the pelvic/ groin area. But, I just don't see excessive or long term masturbation being the cause for the kind of nerve damage that you're suggesting. I suppose anything is possible, though. You might want to consult a physician for this.

Masturbation will not cause this to happen so no worries there.  AND a circulatory problem does not seem likely at all since you are able to get an erection (you are a male right?).

You say that you have no sensations during sex, but do you have feeling when you masturbate?  i'll wait for your response.......to continue my thought  :)

~Tonya

Thanks for your response and care.

I can state that at no time in my life with a woman or alone have I felt any sexual sensation, at all. I am a 36 year old male. I didn't have sex for 17 years but that wasn't a choice, I have little confidence and couldn't find a partner.

Yes, I can get an erection and my partner tells me I am very well endowed. Hardly the point but I feel bad about myself, I have to find something to smile about, eh?

I am fit, healthy, slim and eat very well, although some doctors might suggest vegetarianism is not so advisable. Note that I was a meat eater when I first had sex, and back then it was as lousy as it is now.

T
Bump

If what you are saying is accurate, then you would need to go and se a specialist as it sounds like something that need to be looked into.

I would not be able to give you an opinion at this time.  How would that work though? Are you only keeping an erection through mental thoughts rather than feeling??

It seems as though you could get an erection but would be unable to keep one if there is no feeling / sensation.

Take Care,
~Tonya
I sustain one most of the time, for as long as I need it, probably through thought. I don't know for sure, although I prefer sex not to go on for too long because it's so boring.

I don't have many feelings that I know of, only thoughts.

What kind of specialist would you say could help me? I live in Kazakhstan, which is a very rich country these days, trust me, but I'm not sure it has translated yet into provision of such a wide range of health care specialists on the ground.

England would be an option, although I'm only going there on holiday.

Bump (sorry, it's too important to leave)
Another bump, and I will continue bumping in a hope I can continue bonking :)