Seizures in Erotic Dreams and masturbation Women
I am a Single woman in late 40's.  I have had epilepsy all my life.  Sometimes in intercourse, I have to be careful and not ejaculate too much or I will seize. I can easily become "addicted" to ejaculating. The more I ejaculate, the more I want so I stopped for over a year.  Now I am having erotic dreams, and actually seizing in the middle of the night. Last night, I woke up, and came so close to seizing, but not sure if I had a petite mal seizure, cause I am exhausted today, like post seizure feeling.   I dont know how to stop this at night.  I cant have a sex life, and now I cant dream.  I am taking carbatrol 300mg a day.  I am afraid of a relationship because of my seizures, and I cant even masturbate.  I dont have insurance, so I cant get a bunch of tests run by a doctor or hospital.  I also cant afford to seize, I am a single mom and have to take care of the kids.  Does ANYONE have any ideas?  
Alone again.................naturally.
I am a woman, 29, epieptic since 13. I also experience epileptic auras during sex. My brain feels out of control to the point where I too do not want to have sex. You posted your question a year ago. I just read it. Are you out there? I haven't seen anyone talking about sex and epilepsy.
I am still out there.    And I still have to completely abstain from sex.  I did finally go to my neurologist and asked her about it.   She completely blew it off with a chuckle.  Its such a sensitive subject and personal in nature that I dont think people talk about it.  Once I was dating an EMT, and he was so turned on when I seized during sex.  I knew he would take care of me, but I stopped seeing him, because I didnt think inducing a seizure could be healthy in anyway.   Are you married?   Do you have kids?   THank you for writing, I thought I was alone in this.    Looking forward to your reply!  
Hi there. I am married and have a 1 1/2 little boy, Max. I find that it is impossible to talk to neurologists about epilepsy. I have had many, and the best one I have had sluffed my whole life experience up to "mutated genes." Seizures are such a mystery, but doctors can be assholes and your doctor sounds like one of them, if he/she is "chukling" about your concern. It IS a sensitive subject on top of another sensitive subject! I don't tell people that I have epilepsy. I am pretty much controlled and can hide any smallish seizures. My husband has helped me through a lot. Being pregnant was a struggle.

But, when it comes to sex, orgasms, and masturbation I just feel weird. It feels like I am tripping up my nervous system, if that makes sense. And it makes me feel like I just shouldn't do it. What the hell!!!

I'm glad you responded. I have felt alone, too. People don't talk about the relationship between sex and seizures, but there definately is one.

I understand COMPLETELY,  It does feel like I am tripping up my entire nervous system.  I have prayed,,,,,,felt guilty  that perhaps I had more partners in my life than I should have so God is punishing me, but then........come on, I have a masters degree...thats just religious B*** S***.  I have beat my self up about this emotionally.  I am a very good person, I was never a prostitute or anything extreme like that, I was faithful in my 14 year marriage....yadda yadda yadda.   So I ask the professional... who laughs.   I dont have great luck with doctors...my ex was one of those lol.    I discovered masturbation VERY late in life, (age 40)  it was like a drug high from the 70's. The first time I masturbated, I was in a car............well...I had an aura and tried to get off the highway... I ended up seizing and ending up in a ditch... I got out was able to drive off the ramp, and had a friend pick me up.  I never masturbated in my car again.  If a man masturbates me with his fingers, I can go over the deep end, and seize.  Its a rush for the guy, and "hot" until  I seize.  NOT GOOD.  Sooooooooooo  I am unable to date.....masturbate,,,,,,,,,,have a fling... BE GRATEFUL you have a husband.  I dont know enough about the brain to know exactly whats happening, but I do know its not a good thing to shut it down, so I avoid it.   Is there help................?   I dont have insurance or money to find out ........so ... I just pray and hope one day it will be ok, and I can have some kind of relationship......before I eat myself to 300 pounds.   Just venting ........sorry... I have special needs children on top of this... and some days are just harder than others.
Go and find a good doctor. The generic medicine is cheap now.