Sexual Health Community
Seizures in Erotic Dreams and masturbation Women

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I am a Single woman in late 40's.  I have had epilepsy all my life.  Sometimes in intercourse, I have to be careful and not ejaculate too much or I will seize. I can easily become "addicted" to ejaculating. The more I ejaculate, the more I want so I stopped for over a year.  Now I am having erotic dreams, and actually seizing in the middle of the night. Last night, I woke up, and came so close to seizing, but not sure if I had a petite mal seizure, cause I am exhausted today, like post seizure feeling.   I dont know how to stop this at night.  I cant have a sex life, and now I cant dream.  I am taking carbatrol 300mg a day.  I am afraid of a relationship because of my seizures, and I cant even masturbate.  I dont have insurance, so I cant get a bunch of tests run by a doctor or hospital.  I also cant afford to seize, I am a single mom and have to take care of the kids.  Does ANYONE have any ideas?  
Alone again.................naturally.
I am a woman, 29, epieptic since 13. I also experience epileptic auras during sex. My brain feels out of control to the point where I too do not want to have sex. You posted your question a year ago. I just read it. Are you out there? I haven't seen anyone talking about sex and epilepsy.
I am still out there.    And I still have to completely abstain from sex.  I did finally go to my neurologist and asked her about it.   She completely blew it off with a chuckle.  Its such a sensitive subject and personal in nature that I dont think people talk about it.  Once I was dating an EMT, and he was so turned on when I seized during sex.  I knew he would take care of me, but I stopped seeing him, because I didnt think inducing a seizure could be healthy in anyway.   Are you married?   Do you have kids?   THank you for writing, I thought I was alone in this.    Looking forward to your reply!  
Hi there. I am married and have a 1 1/2 little boy, Max. I find that it is impossible to talk to neurologists about epilepsy. I have had many, and the best one I have had sluffed my whole life experience up to "mutated genes." Seizures are such a mystery, but doctors can be assholes and your doctor sounds like one of them, if he/she is "chukling" about your concern. It IS a sensitive subject on top of another sensitive subject! I don't tell people that I have epilepsy. I am pretty much controlled and can hide any smallish seizures. My husband has helped me through a lot. Being pregnant was a struggle.

But, when it comes to sex, orgasms, and masturbation I just feel weird. It feels like I am tripping up my nervous system, if that makes sense. And it makes me feel like I just shouldn't do it. What the hell!!!

I'm glad you responded. I have felt alone, too. People don't talk about the relationship between sex and seizures, but there definately is one.

I understand COMPLETELY,  It does feel like I am tripping up my entire nervous system.  I have prayed,,,,,,felt guilty  that perhaps I had more partners in my life than I should have so God is punishing me, but then........come on, I have a masters degree...thats just religious B*** S***.  I have beat my self up about this emotionally.  I am a very good person, I was never a prostitute or anything extreme like that, I was faithful in my 14 year marriage....yadda yadda yadda.   So I ask the professional... who laughs.   I dont have great luck with doctors...my ex was one of those lol.    I discovered masturbation VERY late in life, (age 40)  it was like a drug high from the 70's. The first time I masturbated, I was in a car............well...I had an aura and tried to get off the highway... I ended up seizing and ending up in a ditch... I got out was able to drive off the ramp, and had a friend pick me up.  I never masturbated in my car again.  If a man masturbates me with his fingers, I can go over the deep end, and seize.  Its a rush for the guy, and "hot" until  I seize.  NOT GOOD.  Sooooooooooo  I am unable to date.....masturbate,,,,,,,,,,have a fling... BE GRATEFUL you have a husband.  I dont know enough about the brain to know exactly whats happening, but I do know its not a good thing to shut it down, so I avoid it.   Is there help................?   I dont have insurance or money to find out ........so ... I just pray and hope one day it will be ok, and I can have some kind of relationship......before I eat myself to 300 pounds.   Just venting ........sorry... I have special needs children on top of this... and some days are just harder than others.
Go and find a good doctor. The generic medicine is cheap now.