Sexual Health Community
lower abdominal / groin pain after anal masturbation

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

After having anal sex with my girlfriend, she talked me into letting her try the same on me with a 4.5 - 5 inch long glass dildo of hers, claiming the prostate stimulation would give me a great orgasm.    We used a condom and water-based lube.    I wasn't crazy about it.  There was a tiny bit of blood on the condom afterward, but probably just from a hemorrhoid or whatnot.   I've had a few normal bowel movements in the 24 hours since we had sex with no bleeding and I'm not running a fever, but I have an odd bloated feeling with slight pain in my lower abdomen / groin area which gets worse when I lay down on my stomach.    It feels like I have to go to the bathroom, but I don't.    I'm a bit of a hypochondriac and am worried I might have a perforated bowel or perforated colon or something else life-threatening.    How would I know if I have a perforation?   Is this just normal post-anal discomfort?  I don't have insurance and I don't want to have to explain this embarrassing situation at a hospital if it isn't a serious issue, but I'm a bit worried.  
anyone?
In surprisingly common cases, it can be caused by large objects inserted via the anus such as a colonoscope or sexual exploitation.

Symptoms Include-Gastrointestinal perforation results in severe abdominal pain intensified by movement, nausea and vomiting. Later symptoms include fever and or chills.

Treatment depends on the underlying cause. Surgical intervention is nearly always required in form of exploratory laparotomy and closure of perforation with peritoneal wash (Sometimes medical evacuation). Conservative treatment is indicated in case patient is nontoxic and clinically stable, these patients are to be treated with IV fluids, antibiotics, nasogastric aspiration and bowel rest. Consultation with a specialist is often needed
It could be that she just pushed things around in there a bit, and gas has filled up the area.  I would think you would be in much more pain, and/or be going into shock if there was a perforation.  
Thanks for commenting, rogelio.    I have seen a doctor about this, and she was pretty sure nothing was perforated because I don't have severe severe abdominal pain and my white blood cell count isn't elevated.   I just can't figure out why I am having groin pain, diarrhea, nausea, and trouble eating and I am getting scared.    
maybe it could be a hernia?    Could a hernia cause nausea and trouble eating?  
Well,,honestly, everything causes nausea and trouble eating, including stressing about this.  You may be going thru some psych turmoil because of the whole experience.  If they've ruled out perforation that's something that should put your mind at ease.  If the whole experience of the act has on some level made you uncomfortable, that could be causing the nausea and eating problems,,,mind/body connection my friend!
Rogelio
I've been to the doctor twice about this and they did x-rays and blood work and both looked normal.  I'm still having this pain in my groin 6 days after being anal-toyed by my girlfriend.  I've since learned that anal toys are supposed to be soft (we used a 5 inch long glass dildo of hers).  There was a small bit of blood afterward.  The pain worsens when I have a bowel movement.   Could I have a hernia or a torn muscle from the receptive anal?  
the pain seems to be less each day.  It has been almost 8 days.  It only hurts when I am physically active now.    I am still pretty frightened by the whole situation though......   :(
I don't have any pain when I wake up in the morning, but after getting up, having a bowel movement, walking, etc I feel pain in my groin.   It especially hurts to bend over or when straining to have a bowel movement.    Could this be a hernia or torn muscle or something?
help
still having a bit of pain abut an inch below my belly-button.    It also feels like I am a bit bloated.  It feels like I have a full bladder all the time
The answers you have got are very sensible and there is little I can add to them.  If you have seen a doctor and she has carried out some tests, I would not worry any further.  Pain around your belly button region is probably wind and could be caused by diet.  It may be a coincidence that this followed anal play.  A pain in the groin, if there is no swelling is in all probability, muscular.  Try pressing a finger in the region of the pain.  If there is no specific spot but just a general overall pain, then it is probably muscular.  It can come if you try to draw your legs together against a pressure.  For example, playing football.
Do not give up on the anal if you would like to continue but be very gentle and only use small devices.

The above are comments of mine and not in any way intended to replace any medical advice you may wish to seek.
Exhypo,

Am in same situation as you. I am somewhat of a hypochondriac myself and last March after a session with a normal size buttplug, I must have been too rough and deep and swell my prostate... Felt the bloat, the abdominal cramps, the lack of pleasure from cumming. Horrible.

Checked with doc 2 weeks after. Said to take it easy.

12 weeks later, still pain. Doc prescribed ibuprofen. Helped a bit

Noticed increasing sexual activity boosted the pain, lessening activity diminished the pain. If I *** more than once a day now it'll bloat and abdominal cramps will return.

Pain still present midly at mid-July. Doc prescribed antibiotic-antinflammatory combo (Trimethoprim). It think it's helped and 2 weeks later it only flares up 2-4 times a day for a few minutes but I could do without it.

Not feeling really horny and cumming does not feel as good - might be due to cycling injury or bout of depression I'm having. Can you give us an update on your situation?
I had a similar experience.  

On September 7, I tried anal beads.
I felt some lower abdominal discomfort for the next few days.
On September 12, I resumed my exercise routine.
By September 13, the lower abdominal pain was getting much worse.
It's now the middle of October, and I'm still having right lower abdominal pain.
CT scan came back normal.
I finally mentioned the anal beads to the doctor, but he didn't think it was related.
I think it is related.