Sexual Health Community
please someone help me..clitoris hair? bad pain..

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

I've posted a million times about this..but I finally think I know what is wrong now...so now I just need to figure out how to fix it...
I have a doctor's appointment in late august, so until them I'm sorta screwed..but for the past few months I've had this sharp pain in my clitoris, that gets worse when I rub it or it rubs on clothes, etc...a few months ago I noticed a hair growing into the clit, like at the very top, under the hood. I'm 99 percent sure that is the cause of my distress..I'm sick of peopole saying you can't grow a hair there...you can..I've read a few  people on the internet who had the same problem as me, just less pain.
Today I took a warm bath and soaked in it, trying to help, but when I got out, I felt the hair sticking out even more, extremely painful to the touch. My theory is that the warm water helped the hair like pop out more, you know waht I  mean? like how they say if you want to pluck your eyebrows, you should take a hot bath first to open the pores and let the hair out more?
Well anyways, the pain is extreme, and I need an idea to get rid of it, I don't think I can pull it out, I definitely won't shave it, and I CAN"T GO TO THE DOCTOR YET....and I really don't want to pluck it..Eventually it will have to fall out on its own right? It used to be really short and its getting to be pretty long now so its obviously growing..If anyoene can help me I will be EXTREMELY thankful...I've been suffering for so long, please help.
If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it!
Plucking the hair might be painful, but it should not be dangerous in anyway. Once the hair is out, you will know for sure if this is the cause of your pain. You should still follow-up with your doctor regardless if you pluck it or not. But I can't imagine that plucking the hair will cause any damage.
I think plucking the hair is the best option.  Do not use hair removal gels or creams as they frequently contain chemicals harmful to sensitive areas of the skin, like your clitoris.

To ease the pain or take the edge off, try drinking some alcoholic beverages but do not get drunk, then pluck it out.  It will definitely be painful and you will probably want to punch some holes in the wall ... but then it will be over, and you will know whether it was the source of your pain.
dont remove yourself meet to a womens specialist doctor first...
Hi, Rachel,
I'm 27, and have had the same issue- the first time it happened, i was probably 19, and noticed really bad soreness when i woke up and showered one morning. After shining a light on my clit and getting into a very awkward position, i noticed an extremely fine hair growing out of the hood. i got tweezers, pulled it out with so much ease i thought it must just be a loose hair caught there. Since then, it's happened about three more times- enough for me to think that it probably is hair growth in that area. It's always just one hair and it causes severe pain. Every doctor I've spoken with and every web thread I've looked at says this is impossible, it must have just gotten trapped. Then this happened again early this week- it's always the same length hair and the same fineness.
Once I pull out the hair, the pain literally ends instantly. So my conclusion is it's going to be a constant annoyance as long as it recurs, but if you feel that sensation, and pull out the hair (I swear, it doesn't hurt a bit, and it comes out so easily you'd never guess it was attached) your pain will go away until the next time it happens. Hope this helps- I wish the med community was more well-versed in womens' health issues.
Thanks for your reply. If you do research on this topic, you will find very few people who have had the same thing happen. Fortunately, last month I had had enough of the pain and decided to pluck it out and you are right, it slid right out and it didn't hurt at all. Although it is quite uncomfortable when the hairs get trapped in there. Originally I thought the hairs were growing in there, but upon inspecting it extensively for months, I realized it was a short hair that had gotten trapped in a very unfortunate and sensitive place. I even heard about this woman who had so many hairs stuck in there that she got a clitoral hood release, or removal of the clitoral hood. That is a bit radical, although I can see how you would have no other choice if it happened all the time. People underestimate the pain, but it literally is debilitating. I have only had the pain once since I removed the hair, and I think that was because my hair was just poking it, thankfully. I hope you don't have to encounter this problem again in the future, because it really is awful. Again, I truly appreciate your response. I have reached out to many people in hope of a response, and you were the only one!
girl i got he same thing and have been dealing with it for years what i do is when it starts to even bother me i get tiny pair of scissors pull the hood back and trim there isn't much we can do good luck
I have the same thing. Has anyone  acutally seen a doctor about this and gotten a professional opinion?
I too have had this issue.  The first time I was about 21, I felt major pain and irritation.  Upon close inspection I found a lone hair - short and fine.  I took a pair of small eyebrow scissors and trimmed it down (or so I thought - I'll explain more in a moment).  I am now 29 and just last night I had the same symptoms and noticed another hair.  This time instead of using scissors I took a q-tip and used that to "grab" the hair and with a few swipes the hair came out with no pain at all.  

As I said with my first experience I thought I had trimmed the hair down, but as I was able to remove the hair with no pain I believe the hair actually came out.  My husband believes that this was a loose hair that got trapped but I noticed a follicle at the end of the strand, which leads me to believe that the hair actually grew up there.

I am thankful that removal was pain free, but am dreading another occurrence.
Ok, so I'm 24 and i noticed hair under the hood and was confused and thought i imagined it. I just pulled the hood back and pushed on the top of the clit and found that the hair was an inch long. very fine bunch of hair. I pulled it and it came out with no pain at all, i just massaged it out. weird. I didnt think hair would grow their either
I've been dealing with this for so many years, like 25. I was told I was nuts by numerous gynocologists, even though I had the hair to prove it. I get a cluster of three fine hairs, much lighter than my own, which occurs 3-4 times a year. They come right out. I always described the feeling as if there was a knife or sharp object trying to poke through. Excruciating pain that stops me in my tracks.
Sorry to hear about your pain.... The doctors usually ignore this problem, unfortunately, but it is very real! Thank god I haven't had the pain since my first post. I am always terrified that it will happen again, though.. I believe that shaving contributes to hairs getting trapped... yet, on the other hand, long hairs poke it and also cause much pain. So what I do is, I always make sure its trimmed short enough so that it doesn't stab me, and when I shave or trim I always rinse the hood area in case hairs get on it, then when I get out of the shower I check the vulva for hairs that could have fallen down, sometimes you can catch them before the fall into the hood. Hope I helped
This happened to me today like about 10 minutes ago, but I have been having the sharp pain on and off for MONTHS! I looked today and i freak out because it was multiple stands and i thought it was like a TICK because of all of my pets. I was so scared and im so happy im not the only person that has experienced this. The hair comes out easily and the pain is gone! its weird though.
Wow, don't you love the internet!  I had the same thing, I didn't think I'd find anything about it.  For many years I've had an extremely sensitive clitoris, like just brushing your finger over it was painful!  Sometimes it's more painful than at other times.  I've asked the doctors and they said I just have a very sensitive one.  So, the other day I had a sort of epiphany, that it felt like a hair was stabbing me.  So, I got out my mirror and investigated to find that when I lifted the hood thingy there popped out a small fine hair!  I pulled it out with a tweezer just earlier today.  It's still sensitive probably from all those years it was there so I'm hoping to feel like a new woman soon!  And, the hair had a root to it so I'm guessing it was growing there.  
Wow!  This is all so crazy!  I have experienced the same thing for almost 3 years now!  I went to the gynecologist the first time I had excruciating pain and she said that I had been wearing tight clothing that had caused a harmless cyst in my clitoris.  So she'd suggest I put a warm compress on it.  It would help, but it never made the problem go away.  The pain could get real bad and I don't even wear tight clothing!  Just the other day I was exercising and the pain was so bad that I had to stop.  I went to the bathroom to wash myself with warm water to sooth the pain.  Then I trimmed myself to I could really inspect what was going on.  It hurt to touch my clitoris, but I believed I could see a black dot in the top of the hood.  But I didn't dare touch it too much.  And today...just an hour ago...I was shower and when cleaning down there I felt something odd on the bump of my clitoris.  It wasn't painful to kind of pick at and all of a sudden...about 5 small hairs came out!!!!  It freaked me out!  I felt like It had to have just been stuck on my skin from when I last trimmed...but I couldn't help but notice that my clitoris had no more pain.  Sure, there is a slight bump, but no pain.  When I got out the shower I inspected myself and sure enough where I had last saw a black dot in the bump on my clitoris now looks like a tiny hole!!!  I never would have thought hair could grow there let alone be stuck there and cause SOOO much pain!  I thank God that you all have commented because I would have thought I was crazy and clearly the doctors have no clue!  THANK YOU ALL!  But I am nervous about having this happen again...  
By pazuzu,
Hi, when I looked this up 5 years ago there was nothing, so I thought I was the only one! When i was about 16 and started using tampons I had  found about 5 short, thick hairs under the hood, they only caused a bit of discomfort when wearing tight pants, so I didnt worry about them and didn't realise it was unusal at that age. Later in my twenties (mabye due to sexual activity)  they became painful to touch, like a very sharp pain, and definetly felt attached deep inside. There was no way I could contemplate plucking them.  Went to the gyno and he had never seen it before - an ingrown on the vulva yes but not under the hood like that - he said it was probably hairs that I trimmed that got stuck under there. I knew that wasn't possible because they had been there since teenager long before I was trimming. In the end he had to put me under anaesthetic to remove them - he said when he pulled the hood back they just fell out quite easily!  Not sure if he plucked them. They have never grown back since, but unfortuntely I have had periodic problems with pain in that area, especially with tight clothing.  Am seeing female gyno now....
WOW, I thought I was the only freak hehe (j/k)..but I had the same thing years ago..didn't have the extreme pain, but did have uncomfortable feeling, and took a peek.. Like another posting, I initially panicked, since I thought it was a tick or insect there!, BUt it was tiny, cluster of hairs that were short, but could be stabbing! I pulled them out.
I aske a ob/gyn that "i think I have another hole down there" lol. They just inspected it and said, no your fine.
Over the years, they have reduced down to only a few. I kinda miss the clusters I used to have there, but actually I can see how it would be an annoyance. I'm glad others have noticed it! Anyhow, I would just pluck them out if I were you, and my experience is that after a few pluckings, they decrease.
WOW! Love the internet!!! This just happened to me today and I'm glad to find I'm not the only one! I'm 32.
Had discomfort for months, but just thought it had something to do with the cathider I had while I gave birth.
Today, took a mirror, saw a black spot under the hood and freaked!
Went to pull it and had instant pain.....pulled again and a small clump of about 8 fine hairs an inch long came out with the folicle at the end!
I was shocked! No more discomfort!
Thanks everyone for posting your stories!!
Thank you for starting this discussion rachel007. I'm 51 years old and have lived with this for a long time. My doctor also didn't fully understand what I was describing and thought it must be hairs getting stuck from an outside source. I'm certain the hairs grow there. I have a "buried clitoris" and there is a small pinpoint opening below it. At least once a year, when the hairs have grown to approximately 1 inch, they start poking me and hurting and then they either work there way out, or I manipulate the area to encourage them to poke out of the pinpoint opening. I carefully grab the clump of fine hairs and pull them out. And then I wait for it to happen again. (once I even saved them to show my doctor but never had the courage to do it and finally threw them out)  
My biggest concerns are that the area could become infected if/when the hairs become stuck there....and what happens when I'm elderly and can't contort my body to remove them or my eyesight is bad enough that I can't see them. It's a really tricky procedure. So much so that it explains why the doctor didn't understand what is really happening.
When I found and read this discussion, it brought me to tears to have finally found validation that I'm not the only one. It was difficult enough to summon up the courage to mention it to my doctor. You know "um...hey doc...there are hairs growing out of the tiny hole under my clitoris..." and then for years to just suffer with it. I can't imagine how many other women have typed various combinations of "clitoris" and "hair" into the search engine on their computer trying to find information. I gave up and then tried again this morning when I found this discussion.
Thank you all for your persistence and courage.
Your post was touching to me...because I went through pain for soo long and EVERyone made me feel like I was crazy. I truly feel what you are going through, doctors make you just feel insane! Honestly this has to be one of the worst pains I've ever experienced in my life. It is truly terrible. I am glad you found this thread I posted and I hope it has helped you out a little bit, at least in knowing that you're not alone, and that its not in your head! :)
I've had this maybe 5 or 6 times now, the last time was just an hour ago before I removed the hair with tweezers.
I'd also searched the net years ago, found nothing and thought I must be weird.
The pain really is terrible, but thankfully disappears as soon as the hair is "plucked"
The hair doesn't actually grow under the clitoral hood, this is why gynaecologists seem confused when they hear "hair growing on the clitoris".
What it is, is pubic hair that somehow works its way under there.
It is extremely painful, and the first time I had it I was very worried, and the doctor had no idea what it was.
I decided to get a magnifying mirror, tweezers and a bright lamp and take a look for myself.
I was surprised to see a hair which appeared to be growing from underneath the clitoral hood, but after tweezing the hair out, realised that it can't possibly have grown from there.
Think about it, surely it would be agony to actually tweeze a hair growing from such a sensitive area??
Hello, everyone. I am 21. I decided to search "hair under clitoral hood" for the first time today, since this is maybe the fourth time that I've had to take a hair out from under the hood. I thought it seemed impossible and was hoping and praying that it was just hair that gets lodged under there, and not that it grows there. I was fearing I had a mutation or something, since hair really, really, shouldn't grow there. For so many reasons haha. Anyway, I noticed three hairs in there today, two lighter ones, and one that appears dark and too far under for me to grab it. I only got one out, the rest are stuck against my clitoris, and any sort of scraping or rubbing hurts, and doesn't easily loosen it so that the end will stick in the air so I can grab it. I tend to get random sharp pains when my clitoral area is touched or pressed upon. Much like a pin-stick, but it isn't very common, since I try to keep it from any accidental contact. I haven't experienced the pain that some of these women have, which I am deeply sorry about. Who knows if I'm bound to experience that some day. There is definitely a lot of discomfort associated with the area for me, though. I tend to be prone to abrasion, and don't like clothes too tight or rubbing against the clitoral area. I don't like upward pressure on the clitoris either, that causes sharp pain or aching sometimes. I'll mention this thread to my gynecologist and my observations and see what they have to say. I really hope this isn't going to need to be something I need to do every few weeks. It's so uncomfortable and time consuming to get in that position and poke around down there. Mercy. I'm glad I'm not alone, at least.
i am 19 and i noticed one small hair getting out of the shower today. it was under my hood and right above my clitoris. i thought it was impossible because i clean so well and havent shaven in  a week so i tryed to brush it off with a qtip, when it didnt work i got prepared for pain to take it out with tweezers. It didnt hurt at all! The hair was not affecting me like some of you women but who knows maybe if it got longer it could have. I'm happy were not alone in this! has anyone seen their doctor about this yet and understood what it is or whats going on? After i removed the hair it looks like a slightly small hole, and i thought there wasnt supposed to be a hole there. Oh gosh the human body is so weird and gross to me. haha if anyone has talked to a doctor that knows please let me know!
So Happy I found this!!! Could not sleep last night after I saw this line of hair. After reading this I used my tweezers to pull the hair out. I had a lot like 10-15 same Length...so weird. I want to think that the hair is not actually growing because it came out so easily with no pain. My theory is that the hair is getting in there after shaving -_- although they are all the same length and they are thin. This is beyond weird but happy to know Im not the only weirdo. =)
Hi I've been having this problem off and on for many years.  Before there used to be a very fine cluster of hairs, almost invisible in the light, roots and all.  Now it is single black hairs.  I just got one out recently.  Now there is another single black.  I hope the hair growth is not going to be darker thicker and more in quantity.  It looks that way.
Hello - I have likely been having this problem for a long time not knowing what it was.  I'm 29 years old and can remember being 14 in Jr High PE moving around and out of nowhere feeling a terrible stabbing pain like I just hit something, it felt like an odd nervy pain.  I never knew what the cause was and it would come and go over the years.  Doctors never knew what I was talking about or would tell me I likely hurt myself somehow and am just sensitive.  A few months ago I was taking matters into my own hands and found when I pulled the hood back all the way a little fine hair was protruding.  After trying to pull it out myself with the tweezers with no luck I asked my (wonderful) boyfriend to give me a steady hand, I was mortified and upset because surely this was going to hurt...but much to my surprise he was able to pull it out with no pain, after the first three more followed.  All soft hairs about a quarter inch in length.  Since then I've pulled one more out.  I see my gyno again in a couple weeks and I plan to ask her about it though I won't be surprised if I get a similar answer to others reported here.  I too have noticed a small dark dot on the hood area that seems to be under the skin perhaps where the hairs are growing?  Not sure if they are growing or getting stuck there, it all doesn't make sense to me.  I am so relieved to find after a few mins of searching I found others with the same troubles, makes me feel not so scared by this odd occurrence.
Thanks  for sharing your story! It's nice to know there's more of us out there experiencing this strange pain...Please follow up with what  the gynecologist tells you! I am very curious. Thanks and good luck!
I just discovered that I may have this same issue!  
Last night I was going about shaving down there and happened to pull back my clitoral hood and saw what appeared to be a dark, small "slit" right on my clitoris.  At first I thought it was some kind of a hole, but upon closer inspection (and the help of a magnifying glass) it turned out that the "hole" was really a bunch of very fine black hairs rooted right in the gland.  It seems very bizarre, but it makes sense to me now, as I have noticed in the past that sometimes I can feel like an uncomfortable "twinge" sensation in that area, not really painful but almost like something scratching...it's hard to describe but it definitely is not a pleasant feeling.  I managed to tweeze some of the hairs out painlessly (there were about 6 of them) and that weird feeling is gone now.  The hairs were only about 1/8 of an inch long and I could definitely see very tiny follicles on them, so I am not totally convinced that these hairs are just pubic hairs that happened to get "stuck" underneath the hood.  I will definitely try to talk to my gynecologist about this the next time I see her but I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one with this.
I posted my story on the 14th above, this is Paintgal.  I did have my doctor's appointment and asked my OB about this.  She didn't seemed surprised but didn't say she had other patients with the same problem.  She said it could very well have grown there and sometimes after removing a hair from some place it may or may not grow back.  When I asked if it can get wedged in there she said that she knows of her patients who are hair dresses and have hairs wedged under the skin in their hand, that hair is pretty sharp and hard so 'you'd be surprised where it can wind up.'  Other than that she didn't seem it to be anything to be too worried about if the hairs come out so easily and without pain.  So I suppose that is a better answer than what I anticipated.  
I'm 23 and this has happened a few times every once in a while, its not a hair that's growing, its just trapped. Its exactly like when u get an eyelash stuck in your eye...uncomfortable and painful, but still its an easy fix. Just pull back the hood and find the hair and gently pull it out. The pain stops instantly :-)
why not use local topical anesthetic like lido-cane. This will numb the are for some time, helping to pluck the unwanted hair.
The odds of a hair growing out of your clitoris is extremely slim. It's just a hair that got caught in the fold. Just pull it out and you'll be fine. It might also help to check after a shower to see if one is caught in there so you don't find out later when you feel pain.
Hi Rachel,
I actually had the same problem but it wasn't painful at all. It seemed abnormal and I even ended up doing research. Turns out that this morning while bathing, i tried to pull the hair out and that seemed uncomfortable. You actually have to pull the clitoral hood back like men to their members and then pull the hair out. It wasn't just hair, it was dried blood from my monthly gift. I feel better even though it wasn't a big issue in the first place. Hope this helps!
Hair is not growing from your clitoris. It is just hair that has fallen out of your head or pubic hair that got stuck under the clitoral hood. Just pull it out and you'll see that it's not attached.
I am 19..am and am avin d same issue for d past 3weeks now, it really hurts wen i tourch my clith or wen my panties tourches it, i feel dis sharp pain dat make me frown my face.though i avnt checkd if its d hair growin thr, bt wat shuld i do? cos dis pain is really unbearable
Hair can grow in the clitoral hood. It does appear to be uncommon, but it is possible.  By consensus, plucking the hair is painless and a good solution.  For some women, it is a trapped hair, yet for others there is an obvious root to the hair and a history of the hair growing.  There doesn't appear to be any risks associated with plucking the hair, but if the pain persists it's best to visit your doctor.

Dr. F
same thing happened to me 2 times. Very painful , and my  clitoris  even turned purple. I examined the hair and it was my dogs hair!  
Actually, hair CAN grow from under the clitoral hood.  My gyn has pulled at least 20 hairs from this area and I have the pictures to prove it.  They were not hairs that got stuck there.  I wish docs would learn how to think "outside the box" as we are not all what the textbooks say.  I had many gyns say I was nuts until showing them the proof.  I have a cyst that is on top of the clitoral hood and no one associated the hairs with it till now.   I have been to so many docs only to be told they just aren't comfortable doing the surgery to remove cyst because of all the nerves down there.  The root of the problem is the hair folicals which very few docs will touch in this area.  I am now seeing plastic surgeons regarding removing cyst and hair folicals.  Did I mention I have dealt with this for 4 years and feel very alone.  I looked into dermatoligists but none of them have hospital privilages.  
I'm so sorry for all you are going through. Your case sounds much different than mine, and more severe. I can't even imagine what it's like. I hope you find a compassionate doctor that does whatever it takes to help you. All I can say is don't give up, and, do research and be your own advocate. Take care!
Just two days ago I was experiencing very uncomfortable pain in my clitoris.  I inspected it and found a couple hairs.  I pulled them out with no pain, but now I have an open sore and a blister at the tip under the hood.  Scared that I might have herpes (though there is NO POSSIBLE WAY I COULD), I looked online and found this thread.  The day before this happened, I shaved my genital region, and must not have cleaned as properly as I thought.  And this had happened before.  Getting hair trapped in there after I shave.  But it's never caused a blister or sore.  I'm guessing the blister is caused by the hair being trapped in there for literally 24 hours, and the open sore from touching it so much to check for the problem, as it was very sensitive to begin with.  I guess what I'm saying is that if you shave your genital area, make sure you clean very well to make sure all loose hairs are removed from the area.  If it grows there, then I would personally pluck the hair(s) when they grow out.  I am sure this is why I' having this problem, but if it's not healed within a week, I'll be seeing my doctor for it.  Thanks everyone for your information and suggestions.  This makes me feel better that I 99% don't have herpes.  :0)
Thanks for your post. It still shocks me how many people have this same problem!
I am not a doctor, but you should probably get checked out. I doubt it is a blister, I'm fairly sure the only blister you can get is herpes but, I assume you are a virgin based on how you said you can't have it. Don't worry if that is the case. But you should see what is going on there and get advice as to how to care for it. It's probably just from the trauma. The vaginal skin is sensitive and susceptible to tears, irritation, etc. goodluck!!!
i too found a hair under the hood in in the hole where my clitoris is. i had SO MUCH sharp pain. i waited until the pain wasn't so sharp that i could at least pull the hood up without dying, then finally used tweezers to pull the hair out (it was surprisingly painless!). the pain went away IMMEDIATELY. i felt a little soreness from the hair poking my sensitive, irritated clitoris.. but no more pain!

i recently shaved down there, so i suspect that one of the short hairs somehow ended up under the hood the exact same thing happened to me sometime last year. i saw the hair and was too scared to pull it out that time. SO glad i did now!
I have had this since high school, I am 35 now. One day, in my high school health class, a health specialist visited as a guest speaker. I described my situation and she said that not many women have it but it does happen. She said it could possibly be removed with laser surgery. Since then, I have been scared to have a laser on me down there and I remove it carefully whenever it starts to cause any discomfort or pain. My big concern is if I were to become pregnant some day. How would I be able to see to remove it? Also, in my older years, what if there comes a times when I can not either. Is there anyone who has researched laser surgery or anything like it? There needs to be a solution to this situation we are all dealing with.
I'm not an expert but I have some thoughts on what you wrote:
1) I had the same concern about what I will do when I grow too old to care for myself (to bend and see...) I'm 54 now and have noticed that my hair is finer and there is less hair under my arms and on my legs and pubic area. That happens naturally as you grow older....so it may be less of an issue as we grow older. It already seems like I've had to deal with removing the hairs less and less.
I was never pregnant so I can't answer that concern.
2) If you decide to have surgery make sure you use a surgeon who has performed that exact (or very similar) procedure many times. That way you'll have a better chance of successful results.
That could be expensive and/or geographically impossible if the surgeon is located too far from where you live.

I just want to let you know that this does not happen because of shaving.  I am 25 years old and have never shaved down there not even once in my life, and I still get the hairs that seem to "grow" inside the clit.  It is the same for me as most women here are saying, they come out easily usually with no pain, and the first time I pulled it out with tweezers it was a little bunch of small fine hairs all the same length and very small and fine.  They could not have been hairs that just got stuck in there if they were all the same exact length, and they were way too fine to be hairs from that area.
I just found this site because I am currently going through pain in my clitorus are. I have been dealing with pain for many years and I didn't know what it was. Sometimes the pain is so bad I can't walk and wipe myself because if that gets near it makes it hurt.  It's a sharp electric pain. I have cried so much over this. I can't even have sex with my husband. It's frustrating.  A gyno told me it was the nerves and that stress can cause this pain. She said take pain meds. That didn't work. It does go away eventually but it comes back. Especially when husband tries to play down there. I can't take this anymore. It's ruining my life. So I checked to see if I had hair under the hood of the clit and sure enough there's hairs coming out of it.  I tried to pluck them out but couldn't cause I kept getting that sharp pain. I'm going to have to have the husband do it but I'm so afraid of the pain. This has been very traumatizing for me
I wonder if anybody has suggested a local anesthesia Lidokaine. It cones as an ointment in a turbe or spray.It will numb the area for sometime.One can pluck after feeling little heavy there.
Just found this thread today.  I have had this pain, like a pin prick in the tip of my clitoris, on and off of years. At one point I felt a hair there and thought it was one that became caught in there after trimming.  It hurt and I felt to afraid to pull it out. Eventually I think it worked its way out on its own.  This time it was brought to my attention by my husband.  We are just now getting back into sex after the birth of my daughter.  He told me that he thought a stitch had become stuck under my clitoral hood, but that doesn't make sense because a stitch would have dissolved long ago.  When I checked today, I saw what I thought was one thick black hair sticking out from under my clitoral hood.  I sort of wiped it with my finger, and it came out painlessly.  When I inspected it, I saw that it was actually a cluster of very fine hairs, all the same length.  I wonder if you iced the area enough to numb it a bit, you might be able to manipulate the area enough to get to the hair/s.  When you pull it out, it really does not hurt.  Best of luck to you.  What a weird condition we have!  Glad to know it's not just me.  
I have had exactly the same thing since my teenage years.
First time the cluster of fine, straight hairs revealed themselves I wondered what on earth it was & felt very scared. I'd have been about 18 I think.
Next time was in my thirties & my partner was witness to this cluster of hairs that appeared from under the hood of my clitoris.
It was astounding after all those years & made me realise I didn't "imagine" it.
The hairs definitely grow from within my hood, I am 100% certain of that,
These days I get one thicker one more regularly.
I always known when it's there as I get that sharp pain others describe here.
Sure enough if I go to inspect the area.. . There is is poking out a little.
So glad for a mirror & a bright light to help me get rid of them.
Again I get instant relief once the hair is out.
Keep meaning to mention this to my GP. At least my partner believes me......