vaginal itch
why am i constantly itching in my vaginal area and i am not having sex or mastubating. i have scratched so much that one side of my vagina has swollen should i go to the doc or get something over the counter to cure it

One common cause would be a mild yeast imbalance.  You should probably go to the doc and be checked for yeast.  Diflucan is a very effective tablet by Rx.  Or take Azo-Yeast, 2 pills a day while reducing dietary sugar and carbs and increasing vegetables.  Use a very mild soap, like unscented Dove.  You could use a topical yeast medicine, but they have ingredients that irritate a lot of women.  
You probably have a yeast infection. I would go see the doc asap and he / she can give u something to make it go away. Its a common infection and can come from just wearing tight pants.