Sexual Health Community
vaginal itch

This forum is patient support community for questions discussing Birth Control, Fetishes, Foreplay, Intimacy, Masturbation, Orgasms, Partners and Relationships, Pornography, Positive and Negative Sexual Experiences, Virginity, Safe Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Surrogates, Sexual Positions, stimulation, and toys. This forum is not for STD or HIV related questions. For these questions, please visit our STD or HIV forums.

vaginal itch

why am i constantly itching in my vaginal area and i am not having sex or mastubating. i have scratched so much that one side of my vagina has swollen should i go to the doc or get something over the counter to cure it

One common cause would be a mild yeast imbalance.  You should probably go to the doc and be checked for yeast.  Diflucan is a very effective tablet by Rx.  Or take Azo-Yeast, 2 pills a day while reducing dietary sugar and carbs and increasing vegetables.  Use a very mild soap, like unscented Dove.  You could use a topical yeast medicine, but they have ingredients that irritate a lot of women.  
You probably have a yeast infection. I would go see the doc asap and he / she can give u something to make it go away. Its a common infection and can come from just wearing tight pants.