Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Is it a must for my partner to wear a condom during anal sex?

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Is it a must for my partner to wear condoms during anal sex?

I never tried it, I find it nasty.  I'm afraid,  thinking that it is painful, but I am curious of the idea.  To be more safe and sane,  I suggests my hubby to wear condom.  Undecided right now of getting into this thought.

Well you don't have to try anything. So make sure if you do experiment with this it's because the idea turns you on, not because you feel pressured to do it.

When ( or if) you do begin, you should take it very slowly and  increase penetration only when what you've done up to that point feels good. The anus is tighter than the vagina and not designed to have the penis enter it. It is, however, lined with intense nerve endings and as such can be very much of a turn on , if approached correctly ( and hurt like hell if you don't take your time and control penetration at your instruction).

You do need a condom. (and you need a condom with lots of lubrication because the anus doesn't provide secretions in the same way a vagina does, and too dry an anus might hurt your anal tissues or cause abrasions that would make disease transmission much more likely).  Even if both of you are monogamous and disease free, there are bacteria in the anus that you really don;t want to get on an unprotected penis. Likewise, there might be a little bit of blood if you scrape some tender tissues by going in too fast, and if there is any blood born disease a condom will protect your husband.  It goes without saying , but I will say it anyhow, that you would want to be totally sure about your partner's HIV status before you had anal sex.  And even if HIV was problem at all. you might have herpes or something else you don't know about and would want to protect your partners from any possibility of transmission.

You can read Morrin's very good book called Anal Sex if you want to know all about the pleasures- and risks of anal sex.