Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Unprotected sex and missed pills

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Unprotected sex and missed pills

On July 8th, 2008 I had started my period by July 9th it had stopped. On July 10th and 11th I had unprotected sex. I have been on bcp now for seven years. Since I had sex the day after my period am I safe? I also have had unprotected sex five more times this month assuming I am safe since on bcp. The last week of my active pills I have came to realise that I have been late taking them and missed one all together. Then also at that time I had unprotected sex. Could I become pregnant? With being late and missing those pills I have not had break through bleeding or spotting. I have been having period like cramps, bloating, sleepy more, sore breasts and vaginal discharge that I normally dont have. I also don't get period cramps until the day before or on my period.
Hi.

The symptoms you describe are consistent with early pregnancy. There's only one way to be sure: Your first step is to take a home pregnancy test. If you are pregnant, you’ll need to decide whether you’re ready for parenthood.

It’s important to know that you can get pregnant if you don't follow the instructions carefully when taking oral contraceptives. Some women have become pregnant simply because they forgot to take their pill for ONE day.

I’m concerned that you’re having unprotected sex. Even if you remember to take your pills regularly, you can still contract any number of infections, diseases, etc. from unprotected sex, so it's always good to use a condom just in case. Dr. J
i'm also very confused :S i've got a week and a few days till i'm due on my period yet for the past 2 days i've had a brownish blood that i've never had before. i should add that i am on the pill yet i've missed a lot of them. what is this bleeding?? could i be pregnant or is the bleeding due to missing my pills?