Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
Vasectomy Is Question for Concern

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

Vasectomy Is Question for Concern

After having a vasectomy at the age of 30 my sexual desire has increased substantially. I am now 56 years of age and my desire to engage in sexual intercourse is as strong today as it was in my 20's. I was married 23 years and I am blessed with 3 children. I've been divorced 10 years and have had more sex than I've ever had before. I have never had a sexual disease before. Will this sexual drive slow down as I age or should I consider myself lucky ?

Jim
.

Hi there.

There's really no answer to your question, because sexual desire is dependent on many factors, including mood, emotional stability, attitude, general physical health, etc.

It sounds as though you're enjoying sex, and it's a positive part of your life. Good for you! There's really no reason for our sexual desires to diminish with age unless we don't take good care of ourselves. Do that, and you'll probably end up being the sexiest 90-year-old on the planet. Dr. J
A related discussion, Ejaculation following vasectomy was started.