Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
is it ok to stop ejaculating for 3 months straight??

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

hello. i am considering stopping masturbating and ejaculating completely for 3 months. is there any risk of physical harm in doing this? can one harm their physical sexual health by doing this? what could happen? i know it will be hard, and there will be mental and some physical symptoms. this i expect.

but what i am wondering is is there any danger of long term damage if i dont ejaculate for 3 months straight?

what happens to all the semen that is built up? where does it go if i dont release it? does it just sit there in the scrotum? is that healthy?

please advise. thank you
There is absolutely no health risk that I know of that will be incurred if you stop masturbating or ejaculating. New semen is manufactured all the time and the old stuff is just absorbed into the body with no ill effects all around.. Maybe there is some exotic problem somewhere- but I wouldn't worry. There is some data published by the Journal of American Medical Association that higher emissions were correlated with a lower rate of prostate cancer-- but this is over a long period of time-and the increment of health is slight.

I am wondering why you would want to stop masturbating? There is nothing wrong with it and it feels good. If it is just a test of self discipline- ok- but i don't see any reason to do it unless you like self denial for the sake of it.
No damage in not ejaculating; your sperm will just be reabsorbed by your body.

Just curious, though; what made you decide to do this? Why three months?
it is a kind of spiritual practice/exercise. 3 months was suggested to me by my spiritual advisor. but i guess i want to make sure it wont be harmful before i start. my spiritual advisor seems to think it will be fine, but im not sure. and after a few weeks, ill be looking for any and every excuse to masturbate, so ill do my research now, and get my questions answered now, instead of worrying later.

so you think there is no risk huh?
You'll have lots more wet dreams to get rid of the ejaculate.

Hope your spiritual advisor doesn't ask you to give up something like eating or sleeping,  or something that will harm you.
A related discussion, 3 months without ejaculating was started.