Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
vulva normal shape

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

vulva normal shape

hi,
i'm really concerned about how my vulva looks like, i think it's abnormal, my left labia minora is longer than my right and there is like a fold of skin between the upper part of the left labia minora and the left labia majora , this fold of skin extends upward between the clitoris (and the skin that covers it) and left labia majora and it appears in the middle between the two labia majora when i stand, although the right half of my vulva looks normal and nice, this is really FREAKING me out, i'm not worried about the fact that one of my inner lips is longer than the other, it's this fold of skin that's scarin me.
i know that vulvas differ between women, and the shape of my vulva has not changed since puberty, but still i think it's abnormal, pls HELP me with this. do i go for vulvoplasty??  
Tags: vulva, shape
Hello.

Calm down. If you know that vulvas differ, then why are you so freaked out? What you're describing sounds like many other vulvas. This fold of skin is simply part of your lips. It might help you to look at some photographs of different vulvas so you can see the tremendous variation. You might try Googling "vulva photographs." Vulvas are like noses. They vary in size, shape and color. Please stop thinking of your body in terms of "normal" and "abnormal." The way your vulva looks is "normal" for you. Dr. J
thank you so much dr.Janice for answering my question.