Sexuality & Relationships Expert Forum
why is my penis is leaking this clear stuff

This forum is for questions and support regarding relationship issues such as: Abstinence, Arousal Problems, Birth Control, Cohabitation, Commitment, Communication, Couples Counseling, Desire /Lack of Desire, Sexual Technique.

why is my penis leaking this clear stuff? and it do not have a small to it.
Hi.

Well, you've asked about something that's been a mystery to many men. Here's your answer.

Your penis isn’t leaking. It’s behaving exactly as your body is telling it to do. When post-pubescent (adult) men become sexually aroused, a gland called the Cowper’s Gland, secretes a milky fluid, also known as "pre-come." Some men produce large amounts of this fluid, while others produce very little. Everyone is different. This fluid clears the urethra of uric acid prior to ejaculation. Without this fluid, many of the sperm carried in semen would be killed or damaged by the acid contained in urine. So when you get turned on, that’s what happens: Cowper’s Gland fluid comes out the end of your penis.

It's also important to remember that Cowper's Gland secretions can transmit STDs/STIs and that they can also contain sperm--left over from a previous ejaculation. That's why we sexologists advise men to always use a condom and never rely on the "pull-out method" for birth control. In fact, we have a special name for those who use that method. We call them "parents." Dr. J