Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
I feel as though my head is about to implode....

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Hello everyone. I am a 32 year old female whom has suffered with chronic sinusitis for as long as I can remember. In 1993 I had surgery removing bone and tissue blockage as well as having my adenoids (adenoids) removed, and a deviated septum corrected. This helped for about 5 years before the chronic sinus infections returned, on average of once every couple of months. Since then I have exhausted every avenue as far as treatment goes. Allergy testing/shots, steroid shots into my sinuses, meds both prescription and OTC, netty pots, humidifiers.....the list goes on :)
Within the past three months I have developed such intense sinus pressure that my vision and hearing are being affected and there is constant pressure in my ears, behind my eyes and in the roof of my mouth. Im also experiencing dizziness, head 'fogginess', and heart palpitations. It gets so bad at times I feel as though I'm about to pass out. I have been to the doctor four times within the last three months where they have checked all my vitals, run ekg's, bloodwork etc. and everything has come back normal. I have been on Augmentin and azithromyacin, as well as the usual sudafed/benadryl regemin, within this period. I am allergic to cephalosporins and certain sulfa meds therefore am unfortunately limited on what I can receive for sinusitis. I am now currently on day 3 of Flagyl (which is agony in itself) and still no relief.
**Has anyone else experienced these same bizarre symptoms on top of the usual symptoms and if so what was your outcome? Im a little exasperated at this point and am exhausted with the frequent office visits without any success! Any insight would be much appreciated. :)
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, if the sinus infections are not responding to conservative therapy, you will need surgery to facilitate drainage of the sinuses and consequently prevent sinusitis. It could be that the blockage has returned, hence your recurring symptoms. Regards.