No sense of smell and Smelling exhaust fumes when weather changes
I hope y'all don't think I'm crazy but I am 23 yrs old I have no sense of smell I lost it about 3 yrs ago so I've delt with it I'm afraid to go to a doc cause to me they will laugh when I tell them that everytime the weather changes I start to smell exhaust fumes very strong as in my eyes are watering my head starts pounding, I take aspirin the headache is still there, my throat is scratchy and it lasts for weeks!! I havent told anyone about this or that I have no smell idk but not telling anyone makes me feel normal..I hope someone gives me an answer or anything cause I'm clueless on this and it's getting worse as the yrs pass
Yes anyone can answer her questions ,same with me too... it started when i was age 12 and now im 18.. .
I've had the same car exhaust smell in my nose off and on for about 20 years. I have thick post nasal mucus all of the time. I can't smell food or flowers and I love to cook and garden. I did ask a Mayo ENT doctor about it and he told me to use a netti pot. It didn't relieve the symptoms. I can't smell much of anything, but occasionally I smell something that is very unpleasant and the smell stays with me for weeks - day and night. Any suggestions?