Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
excessive/hard nasal discharge/congestion--from eyes and mouth too

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

I have  had nasal congestion/discharge issues since I was around 12, primarily runny nose, and then extremely frequent and lengthy sinus infectons from about 15--and though i neer thought about it before, i have probably always been entirely a mouth breather. for the last 8 months or so, however, my problems have changed/worsened---there is constantly a build up of [something] to such a degree I can see a conformational changed from the outside of my nose, a sorta vshaped imprint from the top side of each nostril to the front tip of my septum, and a 'fullness' above it--and i can feel the build up much higher, often to above my eyes

the discharge is mostly 'crusts' and of various colors--yellow, brown, black, green, bright red/orange, white and clear. you can see some white stuff/thing on one side, I do not know if this is mucus or something of the skin.  if i do a lot of neti irrigat or ayr moisturizing gel sometimes these pieces begin to come out of my mouth, a LOT at once, and feel like they are coming from the gums of my rear teeth, possibly where my wisdom teeth were extracted 2 years ago. also, usually much wont come out to begin with but if i do a bunch in a row a lot of black stuff and hairs start to come out and generally keep coming out.

i have seen 3 ents in the past few months (though once for an ear infection, on both sides) who have been almost no help, though i hvaent gone for a follow up with the second, who looked n my nose and immediately said my septum was deviated--which the other ents did not, including one a year ago who  even did a ct scan--and he also said my sinuses seemed fine.
xer
i have tried nasal sprays, expectorants/mucus thinners,  assorted vapor type 'tools', antihistamines, decongestants, netipots/ the neilmed bottle irrigation thing, heat, spy foods/horseradish, 'extreme' hydration, eye drops, and more. ive also been allergy tested at length, twice in the past. Ive been exercising moderate cardio on and off, as you can imagine thsi makes it difficult,
one thing i suspect/worry about is that i have a septum piercing which i took the jewelry out of a couple years or so ago. i expected it would be closed but i hput a hoop, albeit several gages to small, through the other day with ease. if its relevant, the piercer did it fast with a lot of force and i flinched hard.

any help, suggestions, maybe things i could put in a netipot to make it work better, (ive tried a few) or elsewise would be highly apreciaated. the lack of breathing makes me constantly tired and the discomfort is extremely irritationg and distracting, sometimes  painful.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? I'm sorry to hear about what you have been through for the last few months. Sinusitis  or inflammation of the tissue lining the sinuses may be due to conditions that can cause sinus blockage such as  common cold, allergic rhinitis, nasal polyps or a deviated septum. If infection recurs, further evaluation may need to be done.  Talk to your doctor about this. Seeking another doctor's opinion may also help. Take care and do keep us posted.