Sinus Infections/Disorders Community
ongoing sinus infection
About This Community:

Sinus infection also called sinusitis, is inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may occur when having an infection, allergy or autoimmune issues. Discuss topics including causes, symptoms and treatments for sinusitis.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ongoing sinus infection

I've had a sinus infection for at least 2 months. I'm on my 3rd round of antibiotics (my primary care put me on amoxicillin..the one I was on first that a doctor at urgent care prescribed.) And it won't go away. The post nasal drip..I wake up a couple mornings with it really bad then it stops and I just cough up a lot of gross stuff then a couple weeks later I have post nasal drip again. My ears hurt and my eyes hurt...only now, my vision is getting blurry. I don't think its my eye sight...I think its from the infection. My head hurts so bad nonstop and on top of it, I have a headache. Now I think I'm getting the flu or something...everyone around me is sick and I've been feeling even more lousy. Does anyone have any advice? I'm so miserable :'(
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
535822_tn?1389452880
well i get some of the symptoms but my cough is dry ..I alsohave eyes hurt and ear ache...Environmental allergies is what could be the cause .
Blank
I know this probably won't help much but I would really beef up on my  vitamin c, b12, and get a great multi vitamin. Try to boost your immune system.  And try not to panic.  I did that and I literally made my turbinates swell up to the point I needed surgery.  Do not stress. This will pass. Make sure your using saline spray and cleaning your sinuses. Then go to see a ENT to rule out allergies.  Also get your thyroid checked to ensure that your system is functioning properly. My sinuses were caused by stress and hypothyroidism. Remember try to stay calm.
Blank
1729448_tn?1342098337
thanks. im now on my 4th round of antibiotics and i have some kind of nasal spray with a steroid or something. that helps a bit. i really hope this antibiotic helps because i think its making me really sick with the ibuprofen etc :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Sinus Infections/Disorders Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...